[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 23 KB, 399x386, 1520447115032.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8282067 No.8282067 [Reply] [Original]

There are people on this board right now that spend all day starting at numbers move up and down a chart. Dictating their very lives month after month, year after year. The only sigh of relief they feel is when these numbers rise above particular thresholds.

There are people on this board right now that have no life outside of starting at red and green 'candle sticks'. These people truly believe that riches will make their lives better and far more fulfilling. As life slips away they spend time chasing a carrot like a mere donkey believing they are above-and-beyond. They joke, they laugh, they meme but in reality the only sense of accomplishment they now feel is when they profit from someone elses loss.
We're changing the world, Anons, one lambo meme at a time *bzzt bzzt* alarm going off, back to it. Price is moving again! Donkey needs his carrot.

>> No.8282093
File: 29 KB, 565x437, 1516466967176.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

too real

>> No.8282112

My life is as predictable as an electron moving across a circuit

>> No.8282145

>>8282067
Betacuck, kys. Sage

>> No.8282151

>>8282067
How is that different than most people's job?

>> No.8282305

>>8282151
Depends upon your job. Reward circuit is somewhat different. In a job solving an issue or learning a trait becomes rewarding in itself, you're then rewarded for that trait.

Market Speculator can be equally as rewarding, granted you'll be isolated. Give it 5 years. Oh but if youre sat there in hopes of the market going your because you believe in something because you read about it somewhere and someone gave you a prediction then my original statement is applicable.

>> No.8282526

>>8282305
Yeah, I understand that. I have a good job/career and I don't want to work from home, since work is the only time I see people, and if I just stayed alone all the time, I'd be afraid i'd lose touch with reality after a while. So full time trading is not for me.

But for people who can manage it, it doesn't seem that bad, especially compared to a lot of mind numbing and entry-level jobs that are out there. Crypto's future is uncertain, but a lot of people are also trading stocks, and if need be, I'm sure the people who traded crypto would be able to learn what's needed to make the switch.

I don't think crypto is going anywhere, but even if it does, unless WW3 or something crazy starts, the general stock market will always be there, for our lifetime at least.

I'm not sure I understand the second half of your post, but I would hope that most people who trade full time are smart enough to do so based on their own research and not invest in something just because someone told them to. I also don't really see why it's that bad to invest in something because you believe in it either. You need to stay rational, but there's nothing wrong with believing in your large positions. Of course, I'm probably reading that wrong.