[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 9 KB, 400x400, NCDCFXva.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
825018 No.825018 [Reply] [Original]

Ok, just got my stuff from alibaba and Im ready to sell on ebay.

Any tips from you guys?

>> No.825023

Also, should I do free shipping?

I want to but Im not sure how much of a pain thats going to be. Also Im weary of putting on international shipping, how do you guys deal with that?

>> No.825041

>>825018
ill tell you a trick , never go free shipping , to compete with the chinks you need to put the lowest price on the item possible, like 0.01 cents for bidding or 0.99 buy it now then send them invoice with three times the price of shipping for profit they will never notice they pay 3 times the price .

>> No.825057

>>825041
Thanks, but do you do international? Im afraid it will be too much of a husstle to

>> No.825076

>>825018
>tips
should've checked the catalog for the other eBay thread...

Just take pictures, keywords in your title, describe the item so even a retard knows what it is and it's condition(not the sellers responsibility to explain how to use it), ship on time, and pay your fees.

That's about it.

>> No.825086

>>825023
If you don't want to do international don't, opens a literal world for possible scammers.

>>825041
What this guy is telling you to do will get your buyers pissed right the fuck off. Had some guy try that on me and had his ass reported and left a negative. I have free shipping on all my items, it's just factored into the cost of the item and I don't deal with product that will surprise me when it comes time to ship them. When I'm out scouting and I see something I immediately know what shipping option I will use and how much it is, goes along side with how much I'd be willing to spend on the item. When I list I price my item to be the cheapest of one in comparable condition, that way I'm the first to sell and I'm not waiting for other sellers items to sell first, meanwhile some bumfuck starts racing to the bottom pricewise. Turn and burn, get your profit+original investment and spend it on another product.

>> No.825124

>>825076
Thank you

>> No.825127

>>825124
he is giving you bad advice because he doesn't want the competition, its trick that works well , buyers never realize they are paying for expensive shipping when you send the invoice.

>> No.825188

>>825041
The latest meme the Chinese are doing is collecting a tax from every state. So, you will see an item for sale $12.99 + Free Shipping. You go to buy, and they have an additional $0.99/tax

>> No.825203

>>825127
>never realize
Most buyers have immediate payment set up and any shipping options the buyer will immediately see...
I rarely, rarely send invoices, that's because 99% of buyers pay on time, they don't wait to be sent an invoice. The total order cost is seen multiple times, you might get away with it sometimes but buyers will not tolerate getting surprise shipping charges they weren't told about.

>competition
The fuck? How is ONE other dude going to be competition? I source my inventory locally while this guy is sourcing online, there won't be competition.

>> No.825597
File: 1.46 MB, 446x469, ....gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>825041

>>825018
Buying without having an idea what to do first...

>> No.825753

>>825188
That's not a meme u retard