[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 621 KB, 440x247, 0tomad.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.819546 [Reply] [Original]

Was there ever a time where you didn't need years of experience to get into everything and you could get training on the job?

>> No.819617

>>819546
Does it matter? You'll never be able to go back in time, and you will only be bitter even if such a time existed.

>> No.819792
File: 420 KB, 225x236, Banging my head.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>819546
Oh wow damn looks like you cant get a job. Maybe you should just off yourself right fucking now and get it over with. You see jobs that ask for 1-3 years of customer service? And you think damn I never worked in customer service i cant get that job. Wrong fucknut, you can literally curtail any job to any experience needed. Fuck sakes you can literally touch a computer once in your old job and then apply to a computer technician with the required 1 year experience of being experienced with computers. I cant think of a better example but hopefully you get my point. The experience part is literally only there to turn back lazy people and people who cant think. A smart person will say hmmm how can i best tailor my resume so it can reflect those 1-2 years of xxx requirement.

>> No.819795

>>819546
Yes, right now. I got a job working in fraud investigation for an auto lender. All I had was a college degree, not even internship experience.

>> No.819802

>>819546

I used to feel that way, until I got a job.

It's really not hard to get experience OP.

>> No.819909

>>819792
>The experience part is literally only there to turn back lazy people and people who cant think.

The only thing this does is punish people with reading comprehension who can follow instructions. If I posted a job that required 5 years experience, and someone applied with 2 years experience, I would say "Clearly this person cannot be trusted to do a job because they can't even read."

So now we have a system that rewards the overconfident "go-getters" who think the rules and requirements don't apply to them, while the people who are more humble and realistic about their experience are discouraged from applying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2014/06/17/hr-take-notice-study-shows-narcissists-do-best-in-job-interviews/

>> No.819957

>>819795
as a fraud investigator what is your job like day to day?

>> No.819985
File: 50 KB, 520x534, cool story bro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>819909
I fail to see your point? Are you now saying that you should follow rules like everyone else? Its a good like nepotism isnt rampant in every industry let alone, some industries needing certain connections to even break into. So I don't follow? Speaking from a employer pov I look down on this while still seeing the value of some one tailoring their resume to the work expereince requirement. But from the employee side pov at the end of the day i have to look out for my job and its options. I will not go without a job just so i can plant myself on some moral high ground and say i am intelligent in knowing my own limits. No, I want to eat, I want to sleep in a nice bed, and drive a decent car. Without a job I will have none of those. So really whats your point? Bringing up facts, without a point is leaving shore on a canoe without paddles. Sure your in the canoe but now the only thing you can do is just stroke yer dick and hope for the best. And please dont dissect metaphors, its draws away from the main argument.

>> No.820045

Yup, my dad got me a small job dealing with laptop boards at first WITH on the job training (don't have any paper other than a HS cert). Eventually, aside from reflowing boards, I actually started working on the whole machines themselves, again without ANY papers currently. Shit's cash, boiiiiio

>> No.820344
File: 1.31 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I landed a job selling luxury cars right out of high school, with a high earring potential. The catch is that you earn minimum wage, so if you don't make deals you'll be broke and eventually fired. Not to mention we don't receive training, so you're kind of thrown to the sharks. I suppose it's the employers way of weeding out the losers. But on the flip side we have salesman who make 3k a month, and some who make 10. It's a matter of whether or not you apply yourself and whether or not you can do the work well. Pic related, although the car shown is far from a "luxury car".

>> No.820361

>>820344

You should consider buying some decent shoes.

>> No.820488

>>820361
Laughably enough, these are an "upgrade" from my previous shoes. I already dress better than 90% of the slobs at my dealership, and for all intents and purposes these shoes are more than enough. What would you reccomend?

>> No.820505

>>820488

Anything which is stylish and doesn't look like food service no-slip shoes for crews...also pants and socks...or did you come from a funeral?

>> No.820677

>>820505
I'd love to see your Armani three piece, Fabio Flintstone. My shoes ran me about 120, everything else is just fast fashion shit from the mall.

>> No.821090

>>819957
I'm not an actual investigator, but I'm still considered part of the fraud team and work pretty closely with the investigators. After an investigation has been completed I follow up with our sales teams and inform them of the findings. I then monitor the outcome and provide assistance/information when needed.

Pretty much my normal day is trying to convince sales guys that their "favorite dealer who would never do anything wrong" is actually an asshole who is losing us money and that they need to go in and collect on that money.

It's a nice job, I get $45k a year and it allows me to work closely with a lot of different departments and has given me a pretty clear perspective on how the industry works. I've definitely learned and am still learning a lot.

The actual fraud investigators generally perform somewhat of a holistic investigation of each account that gets forwarded to them. They look for evidence of fraudulent stipulations(proof of income, proof of employment, etc.). They also look for discrepancies in the funding process, such as us overlooking a bad bureau score or something. Mainly they are looking for errors on the dealer side so that we can convince the dealer to buy back the loan.

I can't tell you the exact process as I don't actually do it but I've read through enough investigations to get a pretty clear idea.