[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.83 MB, 322x354, 167078211913.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
817339 No.817339 [Reply] [Original]

I have no work experience and no degree. How can I into money? There's gotta be at least one rags to riches story here. Please for the love of god, make me /biz/.

>> No.817340

W-what have you been doing?

>> No.817344

>>817340
Dealing with seemingly endless personal shit that has taken up the majority of my life so far. Had to take care of elders for a bit.

>> No.818421

I had no experience and no degree at 17. I got a tech support job, learned how to code, got a code job, and now I literally make six figures. It just took a lot longer than college would have.

>> No.818430

>>817339

Work as a laborer for a general construction contractor, preferably a big company that eats a lot of workers and has big projects (apartment buildings, warehouses, business renovations, stuff like that), be friendly. Talk to all the tradies that come through, find one that's looking for help.

Work a trade for a while. Do side work. Work weekends, evenings, do favors for the various people you run into. Do residential new construction/remodels/other small projects on the cheap, get your foot in the door.

After a few years, open the side work up into full time work. Use your newfound skills and abilities to start your own business doing whatever trade you do.

Once your business takes off, hire more people, train them, equip them, let them take care of the heavy lifting. Spend all day doing paperwork and bidding jobs.

Retire and let the company take care of itself. Retain ownership and keep some profits to live on in your old age.

That's the basic "american dream" formula. Or you can be a code monkey/pharmacist/welder/oil field worker and make 6 figures easy with no degree or real work experience if you like to listen to that kind of crap.

>> No.818460

>inb4 you can't
>t colege debt slave

>> No.818468

Sometimes people win the lottery or receive a huge inheritance. Haven't you ever thought of this, OP?