[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 58 KB, 698x671, Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 2.45.53 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8107799 No.8107799 [Reply] [Original]

Dear /Biz/
this is why, despite all the shit this board throws at you, despite all the stress and wasted time, despite all the sleepless nights or those without much sleep, this right here is why I love this place.

I know I haven't made millions, but when something like this comes up, I just have to share it. my portfolio has been hovering a bit below 40k form a total 9.5k invested over time, not amazing returns, and things have been stagnant recently, but it looks like a whale decided to surface and I managed to surf the wave he caused. I had a $3k position in xlm that just turned a $2.5K profit in 3 sets of trades (sell/and re-buy) in under 7 minutes. It's the moments like these that make me keep coming back.
data:
4 large market buys by what can only be a whale or a group of whales.
the 4 largest volume candles in order from left to right: 1.171 MM str, 1.736 MM str, 1.668 MM str, 950k str
total amount spent can't be known due to massive slippage of over 40%, but lowest estimate using the price when each order was initiated give a minimum total buy volume of 178 btc, not unreasonable for total buy size to have been 200 to 250 btc when accounting for slippage, meaning a minimum of $1.96 MM, and likely between $2.2 to $2.75 MM worth of buy volume came through 4 market orders in 7 minutes.
sometimes you just have to say thanks to the whales (at least for the short term)

>> No.8108358
File: 30 KB, 300x300, 1519065009240.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

stop doing it the other way around

>> No.8108383

>>8108358
you mean stop selling my position and then buying back and instead put buys in on massive dips and then sell at market?
I do both. I take whatever opportunity I can. you need a position that allows you to take advantage, so If I did not hold this asset as a long term holding anyway, I would not have been able to sel on that first candle and would have had to jump in and take a buy first, potentially missing the moves.
works either way