[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 360 KB, 669x563, Humpty Dumpty Tribe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8096639 No.8096639 [Reply] [Original]

Hey Bat Bros
Holding BAT
Luddite retarded trying to help out a YouTuber that I like here.
Bat is one of the few cryptos that I can understand and I am having a hard time trying to convince a luddite you tuber that I like to look into and get his viewers to adapt the Brave/Bat platform. The dude is hurting for shekels really seems like BAT could help him out since a lot of his viewers seem to be poor hippies.

Where is the BAT coin at right now in its ability to get money to content creators? What do content creators have to do to be part of the Brave/Bat platform.
I am using the Beta platform and will receive coins on the next giveaway.
I like the coin and think it has great potential but how will it moon if retarded Luddites cant figure out how to use it?

Any help on how I could get this guy set up with the Brave/Bat coin would be great, and also to get his viewers to switch to brave, this would also give me more confidence in BAT position.
Thanks Anons.

Mods I am not this you tuber, have genuine question that I think Bat and this board could help.

>> No.8096747
File: 58 KB, 600x600, Smug Pepe Ripple Coinbase.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8096639
If this friend of yours needs money, tell him to go all-in on XRP by Tuesday, 5PM Eastern time.

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/20486-brad-garlinghouse-presidentcoo-of-coinbase-on-cnbc-3618-5pm-est/

>> No.8096805

>>8096747
Thanks anon I will look into that,

I can't speak for him but doubt that he is in the position to be in crypto. He has a obscure channel on you tube, is luddite, just looking to see if I can help him out.

>> No.8096848
File: 174 KB, 1280x958, Ripple Wind Power.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8096805
Set some money aside for him. Go all-in on XRP. When you feel that it has mooned sufficiently, send him the XRP, or sell it and give him the money.

>> No.8096936

>>8096848
Your missing the point,
I am trying see if bat has any real world use. How can this guy convince his subs to use Brave/bat and donate there free coins to him?

Shill me (retarded Luddite) on BAT.

>> No.8097097
File: 768 KB, 3264x2448, bfy4aikme8j01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8096936
>use Brave/bat and donate

This is the problem with BAT right now. The use-case is ass-backwards. People are in crypto to make money, not give it away. People already enjoy the guy's content for free, why would they pay him? Why would they use BAT of all cryptos?

The end-goal for BAT is for website and content creators to require advertisers to use BAT to buy ad space. then the content creators reward users with BAT if they view or interract with ads. This is the end-goal, but it should have always been the marketing strategy.

Your youtube friend doesn't have enough views to monetize. He needs to get those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

>> No.8097351

>>8097097
Thanks for the reply Anon, here is my small brain understanding.

>>People are in crypto to make money, not give it away. People already enjoy the guy's content for free, why would they pay him? Why would they use BAT of all cryptos?

The advertisers are the ones that put money into BAT are looking for a better ROI on advertisement money. Brave/BAT user are given tokens for viewing ads, at this point in the trial version you have to donate the gifted BAT coins

>>Your youtube friend doesn't have enough views to monetize. He needs to get those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

The guy talks about how the world is going to shit, he never cucks, he is never going to get a lot of viewers, never his point.

What I am thinking and here is where I could be totally wrong but if enough of his viewers say 300 would choose to use Brave and allow ads they would be rewarded around 3 dollars a month in BAT that they could donate to the guy making for about 900 dollars a month for him, not totally unrealistic IMO? What am I missing and how could he/we go about it?

Thanks Anons

>> No.8097571
File: 461 KB, 1920x1080, One Crypto To Rule Them All.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8097351
As far as I know, the feature where users are rewarded in BAT is not enabled yet. Furthermore, if it were enabled, why would users use their BAT to pay the youtuber? Wouldn't they keep the BAT for themselves and use it to buy groceries, or pay for their car, or invest it, etc?

If advertisers start using BAT to buy adspace from websites and content creators, the website/content-creator would keep some BAT for himself, and offer the rest to viewers to incentivize them to view ads. The website/content-creator would be a middle-man. There would be no need for him to recieve donations from end-users. However, the website/content-creator could require a user to spend BAT to access certain content. For example, pay $0.05 worth of BAT to view this video/article/etc.

BAT's only advantage is being a first-mover, and they need to move faster in my opinion. The entire concept can be implemented with any crypto and any browser. It's only a matter of time before someone else does it with a crypto that has more market adoption and faster transaction times.

>> No.8097680

>>8097571
Because you don't earn much. People already donate money for content, a system in which free money is allocated by time spent is very intuitive.

>> No.8097761

>>8097680
You're going against basic logic. People already get the content for free. There has to be a compelling reason for them to pay. The excuse that they're only paying a little bit is not good enough. Almost 200 million people in the US don't have $500 in liquid assets. In my opinion, most people would keep the BAT, even if it's $5 per month.

>> No.8097890

>>8097571
This Anon summed it up better then I could

>>As far as I know, the feature where users are rewarded in BAT is not enabled yet.

I have received free bat, do not know if it is trial, beta, whatever. I have it set up in settings for a automatic monthly donation to go to this you tuber but I am not even sure if he is aware that he has received it. Looking for more info on this.

>> No.8098021

>>8097761
>>Almost 200 million people in the US don't have $500 in liquid assets. In my opinion, most people would keep the BAT, even if it's $5 per month.

This can not be ignored, I have no problem donating 5 dollars a month especially if it is "free" money just by allowing a few banner ads. I like the idea of BAT becuase it is all automated, have it set up to were a few bucks a month goes to content creators I like seems very reasonable, and useful.

You have a good point though, 5 dollars means a lot to lots of people, espically if they think they can hold and it will go up in value. Wonder how this will affect price.

My goal with this guy is to try and convince a few % of his subs to get on to BAT and donate to him, you think this is delusional? I am some what given his subs the benefit of the doubt that they are not complete free loaders?

>> No.8098063

>>8096639

Anon - no larp check out the BATProject subreddit. Everything you are asking is answered there. Your friend can become a verified publisher and receive BAT. He can even receive $5 in BAT for every user that downloads Brave and uses it.

>> No.8098121

>>8098063
Thanks Anon. Will check out.

>> No.8098169

>>8097761
It's free in an unsustainable system. Paywalls are becoming more prevalent, cpu miners being covertly introduced, sites begging for donations.