[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 124 KB, 1024x1347, bizanon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8047293 No.8047293 [Reply] [Original]

Anon here since 2015 who actually made it, today I have decided that I would to give some insight to most of the newfags who are mindlessly browsing /biz/.

This topic will only explore how to use /biz/ efficiently at your advantage to make money in cryptos, if you search good general advices I’ve archived some wisdom from our now missed original /biz/anon here:
https://archive.fo/X6yXs
https://archive.fo/MkyLt

First to understand /biz/ you have two understand there are 3 kind of posters:

- the shill/fudposters: as you probably already know shill/fudposters are the majority of the OP on this board, you have to think of them as independent digital sandwich-men. The error is to consider they are ll-minded or scammers by default, because in fact listening to the right shills can make you a lot of money. In consequence you must learn to distinct the good from the bad if you want /biz/ to be useful.

- the fun/feelposter: he is here for the human interaction and personal attention, typically the fun/feel poster will launch threads with wojaks, anime, bog or link memes but he likes to discuss personal anecdotical stories too.
Of course these roles are dynamic, a shill poster on a thread can be a funposter on another but overall that’s the 3 main profiles you will find in this place.

- the infoposter: generally he posts news or asks questions in threads, he rarely provides content to the discussion but allows them to be constructive and instructive. That's what you should target to be.

>> No.8047330
File: 1.98 MB, 356x216, 9whud3x.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8047293
You forgot trolls/shitposters

>> No.8047332
File: 69 KB, 818x931, Fuhrer bear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Using the interface correctly
4chan is from an ancient internet era but it gives you a lot of informations and you need a method to manage them.

1)install the browser extension 4chanX and go to header menu > Miscellaneous > Json index> Pin Watched Threads

2) open the catalog, use « small » image sizes and classify them by creation dates.

3) scan the catalog and pin the interesting with ALT+Right CLICK. I suppose some of you already do that but instead of pinning you are opening multiple tabs… it’s a bad habit, because you will most likely open 5-10 taps at the same and if there are links in these thread you will lose yourself in them: just keep one tap for the catalog and another for the thread you are currently reading

4) now go back at the top of the catalog and all the threads you selected should be there.

>> No.8047346

>>8047293
>- the larper: op
kys

>> No.8047351
File: 128 KB, 912x869, NormisAreNPC.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Finding the Interesting threads
The average /biz/ poster is not really different from most public forums users: he is intellectually lazy, easily trolled and attracted to the most provocative or mundane low effort threads, these often have just one picture or sentence written to generate the most emotional responses, in short it’s a bit like a fly attracted to shit.
The other thing /biz/ poster like is to discuss during 200 messages his own coin (he bought late), everyday, during 1 entire month. 90% of the time the said coin already had an important increase in value during the last weeks, good examples are XRB or VEN these days but it used to be NEO or OMG in the past, generally these are a good indicators of the « bag holding rate » and you should stay away from it.

With that in mind you should have an opposite behavior to find the interesting threads, generally they are:
the threads about coins you never heard of (even if it’s just a logo) or you just saw for the first time in the catalog
- the threads with lots of text in the OP
- the thread about coins you haven’t seen posted in a while
- the thread with no or very few replies
- the threads about news
- the market discussion
On average there are 6-12 of these for 100-200 threads, the rest being spam from linkies, overall shitpost and anecdotal discussions.

>> No.8047365

>Extracting the informations
Generally most of the content is in the OP however since these threads don’t have a lot of replies it doesn’t take much time to read them entirely.
So once you have read (should’t take more than 10-15 minutes a day you should record the infos you found relevant but more importantly ASK QUESTIONS and don’t hesitate to antagonize or charm to motivate the poster, for example saying things like « convince me in one post to put my 5 spare BTC in this coin » often works, it’s all about transacting attention for informations.

Why doing that? The reason is fairly simple: there is an explosion of projects and it’s impossible to read all the white papers/updates out there alone, the thing though is that shills or fudders have generally done the homework, digested the informations and will regurgitate the most important fundamentals if they are not low IQ and if you press them a bit.
Sadly a large part of the shills are stupid and will make threads with not informations and reply to your interrogations with things like « DYOR » or « I will not spoonfeed you » , generally that means they are just shilling a PnD or brainlet bag holders, just don’t waste your time with them.
Of course /biz/ doesn’t replace research however it should give you a lot of good leads over time if you are rigorous.

>> No.8047383

>Market psychology
/biz/ tends to be a good indicator of the current market psychology, individual messages are worthless but by reading hundreds a day you can get an idea and it becomes fairly easy to spot the transitive states between euphoria and capitulation,. It’s especially interesting if you margin trade. I personally printed a mini calendar that I sticked in my trading notebook and which I color everyday depending of /biz/ atmosphere (red = capitulation, orange = depression, yellow = neutral, green = happy, blue = euphoric)cumulated with TA it allowed me to short and long successfully the crash.
It’s not perfect or foolproof but it’s more reactive and precise than google trends and it doesn’t cost a penny or require to pay for social media analytics tools. I tried it on reddit but upvote/downvote system is biased toward optimism.

>> No.8047530

>>8047383
I've noticed the same thing with /biz/ sentiment. Someone needs to make a Wojak Indicator that accmulates key words and images/colors on a given day on /biz/. Pinker = buy, greener = sell.

>> No.8047585

>>8047383
>>8047530

This is good advice, I will second you.

I only buy when the entire board is covered in pink wojaks now and it's served me well, I am permanently in the green even when BTC crashed to 6k and the entire market went down I stayed green.

>> No.8047615

>>8047293
Thanks anon, any advice for coins or ico's to make large gains?

>> No.8047916

This is a good thread.
New anons should read this all and take it in and shhh.
Thanks OP.

>> No.8048041

Follow cryptoball on twitter he has a 4chan sentiment scraper bot.

>> No.8048160

This is good advice, thank you. I'll save it.
I've been here since April but some things needed to be refreshed and some bad habits need be changed.

>> No.8048252

buy the wojaks
sell the pepes

>> No.8048560

>>8048041
have my upboat sir

>> No.8048619

>>8047293
2006 fag here.
>How to use 4chan correctly 101:
Don't use subjects

>> No.8048665

this should be stickied, i think if it was we would see a drop in all of the "my secret shitposting internet club" posts

>> No.8048668

>>8047615
Two projects presented on /biz/ that caught my attention during the last 2 weeks are a cryptocurrency called Nimiq with a release this month and a decentralized quantitative hedge fund platform named NapoleonX (the value proposition of token is extremely interesting) both have strong fundamentals on all fronts but Nimiq has more chances to go through a bullrun because of its roadmap..
I advise you to search the archived threads with Warosu, there was some pertinent infos and make up your mind.

I put some money on TE-FOOD too but I doubt it will be interesting to buy at the listing for people weren't in the ICO.
In any case you should wait Friday and Saturday to see how the BTC will behave before going in alts since indicators are undecisive whether we will break the down trend or go back at 8k5.

>> No.8048677

This thread cracks me up OP you really think you've been here a for a while? Lurk moar

>> No.8048860
File: 1.00 MB, 3072x2304, 1519238408252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8048619
>2006 fag here
i salute you