[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 330 KB, 1366x768, 1416261351506.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
797702 No.797702 [Reply] [Original]

I am 18. I've always wanted to live in a comfy log cabin somewhere cold. I am wondering, should I make a career out of something to do with making comfy houses, or should I just get any high paying job and then save up for one?

>> No.797821

Save up and rent one for a winter. You'll probably be so sick of it after that, you'll move into something else and think 'thank god I didn't buy one'

>> No.797854

are you me?

>> No.797858

your desires are highly likely to change.

Focus on a four year plan for your life right now

>> No.797881

>>797854
it seems to be a pretty common thing to want a secluded minimalist house these days

>> No.797889

>>797881

At least it's cheap for the most part.

I really dislike seeing clutter and excessive shit that I wouldn't use in a house. It just sits and collects dust and other shit I don't want on it.

>> No.798429

same here OP, I want that kind of houe in the mountain

>> No.799497

Log homes can be quite lucrative if you know what you're doing. It's very possible for a crew of just a few men to put a house together fairly quickly and if you can get logs off your property you save a huge amount of money on framing and insulation costs.

Buy undeveloped wooded lots, build a house yourself using lumber from the lot (obviously put some thought into designing it), sell the home.

Their aesthetic is very appealing and also gives you leeway in decor. Expensive materials and designs are unnecessary, a lot of people are looking for a rustic design and feel. This is especially true of cabins, which you can own and rent out. The rent on cabins is excellent, since in the summer you can rent them out to vacationers and in the winter you can rent them out to hunters, if you're in the right area.