[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 39 KB, 403x403, arnold usa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
796359 No.796359 [Reply] [Original]

can someone on /biz/ explain how almost every single online retailer is refusing to sell rebel flag merchandise? this is actually blowing my mind how the markets are reacting to this social tragedy. i just don't get why even the smallest sellers are in on the boycott. why wouldn't the small businesses use this to try and grab a huge user base?

>pic somewhat related
>actually, pic always related

>> No.796370

Because the rest of their products will not sell once people start boycotting their store.

>> No.796372

>>796370

This^^

It's a business thing.

>> No.796383

>>796372
why would anyone care though? do companies actually think they will lose business from selling the flag? i figured most people couldn't care less.

the 'people' leading these boycotts are the large companies like amazon, sears, google, and walmart. and they are doing it because they are trying to attract blacks and hipsters. if an online store only has a customer base of 10k users, what percentage are they actually expecting to lose from selling a shirt/flag that huge corporations with 10s of millions of customers dont sell.

>> No.796404

>>796383
An online store that only has a customer base of 10k users would be extremely at risk if they started getting negative attention. The smaller and more concentrated they are, the more susceptible they would be to any disruption of their income model.

>Business 101

>> No.796434

>2015
>Activist groups have gotten highly effective and censoring opinions they don't like
>More effective at censorship than the government could dream of

>> No.796466

>>796434

Pretty ideal, I know what you mean.

>> No.796468

>>796359
I just heard an NPR thing on this actually. the small business originally was planning on selling the confederate flag, but it turns out they just got their stock from a larger retailer who had stopped making them, forcing their exit from the niche confederate flag market.

>> No.796474

>>796383

The companies are doing it for publicity. Walmart teaches their employees how to get on food stamps during their training. Coke has destroyed the water supplies of of people in other countries and caused thousands of deaths. GM had quality defects in their vehicles that have killed a dozen people and their rep thinks it's funny when testifying. Monsanto has literally hired hitmen for scientists who start studies linking GMOs with cancer.

These companies literally don't give a fuck about racism or safety, just the bottom dollar.

Notice how Amazon and Walmart announced a ban instead of just quietly banning it all.

The radio said that Amazon flag sells were up over 3000% in a single day after they announced they were going to ban all the merchandise

Also, I live in SC, and before this week, I hadn't seen a confederate flag in months, maybe even over year. Virtually no one in this state cares about that flag. The only time you see it is the very rare bumper sticky on some teenagers off roading truck. It's hilarious how no one gave a fuck about this flag a week ago.

>> No.796482

>>796474
That's a good point, my CNBC app made notifications about this shit. I couldn't understand why they felt it was so important.

Funny how controversy improves business. Guns have been increasing since Obama came into office.

I still think it's ridiculous how one person's actions can cause a wide spread pandemic like this.

Media doesn't talk about the guys selling his car on craigslist and got killed. It's all about the white on black violence. God, the media is the true monsters.

>> No.796484

>>796474

Georgia fag here.

spot on man.

You occasionally see the flag on shirts and trucks, but it's always some fucking idiot who has done everyone the favor of identifying himself as an idiot.

What's funny is, yeah the flag is a little racist, but IDK how in the fuck people are tying this insane shooting with the history and propogation of the rebel flag. Honestly they aren't really related. It's just more liberal media driven retardation.

>> No.796489

>>796359
theyre for sale right now on both ebay and amzon, price is up though

>> No.797181

>>796359
Do they sell nazi flags? Do they sell IS flags? Should they sell flags from a deceased state that went to war to defend slavery?
BINGO!

>> No.797208

>>797181

Hamas and Hezbollah flags and merchandise are on amazon.com right now.

>> No.797212

>>797181

They sell Hamas and Hezbollah flags and merchandise. Both are designated as terrorist organisations by the US government.

>> No.797333
File: 8 KB, 307x164, 36346464372.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>796434
>opinions they don't like
>tolerating the opinions of the descendants of LOSERS, who were to begin with, SECESSIONIST SNAKES

the world is laughing at you, americucks

>> No.797357

>>797208
>>797212
On one hand, my point is now invalid.
On the other hand, I'm ordering right away.

Thanks, anon. You've made my next Halloween a much better one. Allah akhbar!!