[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 9 KB, 250x242, 1519014206945.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7901865 No.7901865 [Reply] [Original]

Why does it matter if a coin has a purpose? Just invest in it you dopes. Think of it like investing in a stock if it makes you feel better.

>> No.7902511

I can sense mold forming from your old presence here.
2014?
How did skelly treat you?

>> No.7903032

Yep, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the perception that it's a "good" coin. Hell, I've had the opinion that there is no good purpose for blockchains other than to present a verifiable chain of supply of the coins themselves. As for practical usage outside of the coin supply, regular computing practices work fine. Supply chains, inventory, information exchange, etc. get along fine without blockchain technology. The only way I can see blockchains becoming useful to the world in general is if it produces a standard blockchain that all information can be passed through. One blockchain that can pass information of any nature, that is used universally. With a hundred different coin and token blockchains trying to fill a niche, it's never going to catch on.

Hell, I'm of the opinion too that most people don't know or care what a blockchain actually is or can do. It's just a way to increase demand for their coin/token for sale. Pretend you're working on a way to make the token magically increase your efficiency and people will want to buy in. You just have to keep up the charade long enough to cash out.

>> No.7903206

>>7903032
God bless, anon.

>> No.7903239

It doesn't. It's why Chad wins.