[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 209 KB, 500x357, 1516741881118.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7890847 No.7890847 [Reply] [Original]

REQ updates are on 2nd and 16th at which the mainnet will be announced (not released).

SXSW conference on the 14th. Always a danger of partners announcing before or around the time of this event.

>> No.7890893

>>7890847
how much will bitcoin increase in the next three weeks? how long will it move sideways? how much will req/link bleed when bitcoin pumps? that'll determine req/link prices more than any announcements.

>> No.7891108
File: 124 KB, 1000x1000, 1516424015707.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7890893
This, unfortunately. Moon missions keep getting cucked by bitcoin either crashing or mooning (((uncontrollably))). Just go sideways for more than twenty minutes, you useless, shitty, old fuck!

>> No.7891137

Mm, can you explain that a bit more for me? Won't there ratios stay similar if there are no announcements?

>> No.7891155

Their*

Or sell to BTC and wait?

>> No.7891427

>>7891137
One could go up while the other goes down, then vice versa, all depending on what whales and bots are feeling like at any given time. You can try selling when one tops out, to buy the other one when it bottoms out, but you'll want to be watching both very carefully for the next month so you don't end up losing your position suddenly. Personally, I just hold 5k of both so I'm not a stressed out wreck (plus 5k Fun for a little excitement)
And before you ask, yes I am feeling a little OCD holding exactly 5000 of all my coins. It keeps me from over trading.

>> No.7891552

>>7891427
Sure, but if REQ released their mainnet the REQ/BTC ratio would spike surely and be an optimal time to sell into LINK?

>> No.7891803

>>7891552
That's what I was thinking, but the possibility of Req main net releasing gets priced in somewhat in the days leading up to their announcements, and then generally dumps with the news when it comes out that it's not ready yet. Expect it to get a bit more of a sustained pump after main net release though, like how it did with their alpha release. That's the thing about trying to predict the news, it's basically betting, and if it is even a bit more hyped than what actually gets delivered, you can get dumped on FAST. By all means, try to stay up to the minute with news and be ready to react, but buying early and holding will keep you from buying the top usually, and then it's not such a full time job in case you still have to be wagecucking to keep the bills paid. Same goes with Link, the conference may be a bit disappointing so be ready.
Both are great long term holds though whatever happens, I literally couldn't stomach the scammy feeling of pretty much every other project right now, so they are 95% of my portfolio.