[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 51 KB, 396x385, frog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
786202 No.786202 [Reply] [Original]

With every fibre of my body I detest working for someone else, especially in an office with people for 9 fucking hours a day, and there is absolutely no way this is sustainable for me for the next 35 years. I am not a normalfag, I am a lone wolf spending all of my free time alone - the way I like it - so it is not natural to me, but this is one area of my life I have to conform to as the system is against me to become a company director with every lucrative idea priorly taken, I have no choice.

What do I do? I want to be rich and independent, but this life I currently have keeps me a slave, I can't believe all the normalfags chose this life, it is no life full stop.

>> No.786204

>>786202

you can't become rich being a lone wolf

>> No.786210

Hey man, we are alike, but with one small difference that changes everything: I don't feel like a victim. Stop acting like one, and create the life you want. I started programming from home, working only with clients I like. I spend 99,9% of time the way I want, within in limits of the system. It makes me very happy, and it will for you too.

>> No.786216

>>786210
What language do you program in and what programs do you make? Are you making good money?

>> No.786222

>>786202
>I am not a normalfag
No, you're an edgy faggot with fake problems and a false sense of entitlement. Shut the fuck up already, kid. You're not special.

>> No.786224

>>786202
>wah wah wah why don't riches just fall into my antisocial lap

ffs grow a pair

>> No.786232

>>786222
Give the guy a break. He's an introvert who'd rather work alone.

>> No.786233

>>786204

This.

your choices are: Lead or Follow.

but either way you gotta work with people.

Sounds like more you aren't cut out for the office life. Which is perfectly normal. I worked in an office for 6 months and I HATED it. I work outside now, and make about 50% of the money, but I am happier.

>> No.786238

>>786216
>What language do you program in

The sign of an utter pleb.

If you aren't bouncing around between a multitude of platforms and languages, you probably aren't working on something that's viable.

Senior developer in charge of major projects here. On a daily basis, I jump between C# (.NET), Java (Android), Obj-C/Swift (iOS), Javascript (web/node), and Ruby. That's literally every day.

You don't get a job in software today telling people you really only know one language well. You'd be totally unemployable in my workplace.

>> No.786241

>>786238
those people still get jobs, but they're mundane and pay really poorly

or are based in hyderabad

>> No.786256

>>786232
>Give the guy a break. He's an introvert who'd rather work alone.
And he needs to get the fuck over it. That's not going to happen if he gets coddled by faggots like you.

Don't come to /biz/ and expect people to celebrate your anti-social autist behaviors.

>> No.786263

If you are an introvert you should have gone into science and STEM. That is where almost all introverts go to, especially laboratory work.
Next to your actual job focus on building your own online internet empire throughout the years.

>> No.786265

>>786263
i'm a civil engineer.........

>> No.786569

If people really like their jobs, they wouldn't be looking forward to their vacation so much.

Suck it up like the rest of us. An attitude change works wonders.

All the best to you, OP.

>> No.786574

>>786241
>>786238
>If you aren't bouncing around between a multitude of platforms and languages, you probably aren't working on something that's viable.

Wat? To "learn" a language and all of its intricacies takes an absurd amount of time. All those people who "program in 10 languages" are either bullshitting or only know the very basics of each. There is just so many different libraries and features of languages.

Just for reference even the creator of C++ claims to have only a moderate knowledge of the language. Learning even just C++ perfectly, with all of its libraries and what parameters every single function takes and returns would take over a lifetime of learning, and that doesn't include what gets added every year.

>> No.786584

>>786574
That's true if you're contributing to an open source project and you have language specific wizards telling you that your code isn't making use of X language's idiosyncrasies to maximize performance/readability or whatever it is the wizards are anal about.

Most of us programmers in the workforce just stick with the same few programming constructs that are general across the languages and get the project done with. Not optimal but not shabby too.

>> No.786587

Might as well ask here, what are some good businesses you could run by yourself from home? I don't care about being filthy rich, just enough to pay bills and enjoy my life.

>> No.786589

>>786587
You mean something you can put very little hours in?

>> No.786590

>>786584
>Most of us programmers in the workforce just stick with the same few programming constructs that are general across the languages and get the project done with. Not optimal but not shabby too.

That's true but if you really want to be "big baller programmer" you need to have extensive knowledge. Then you can command how much they pay you, you command how much you work and how they treat you.

Then they need you more than you need them. That's my goal and dream at least, I just want to be in such high demand that I can work 5-15 hours a week and live in a penthouse off it.

>> No.786592

>>786589
No, I know I'll have to spend a lot of time. I just really would prefer to be my own boss and what have you.

>> No.786598
File: 45 KB, 200x324, 70d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>786210
>rationalizing this hard

This is really interesting stuff here folks. What we have is a wage slave trying to justify his entire existence. Let us sit back and watch as he berates myself and others in this thread for not being "productive" and for not "contributing" like he does.

Hey wage slave, how is your gf doing? I just got off the phone with Chad, he said she sucks a mean cock.

>> No.786602

>>786592
Well you can't really make a living this way but as a hobby I buy and sell used cell phones. I'm up 800 dollars this month.

>> No.786604

>>786602
basic phones? smartphones? i can't imagine an efficient way of doing that. do you just post on craigslist?

>> No.786605

>>786604
I mainly deal in iphones because they are by far the easiest to sell. I used local classifieds sites and Facebook groups to sell my phones. I bought a phone yesterday and sold it today and made 65 dollars for 15 minutes of work. The most I've made on a phone is 240. I traded a 10 dollar laser from aliexpress for a iphone 5 and sold the 5 for 250

I also order electronics and lightning cables from china and sell them for a large markup for bonus profits.

>> No.786613

>>786604
I'm also considering learning how to repair phone screens and offering a lower price than stores do. But there is significant risk associated with that I imagine

>> No.786616

>>786605
I work with phones so I'm wondering how you do it without problems. if they have findmyiphone enabled, and they forget to remove their apple ID, the next person will have a problem activating the phone.

>> No.786626

>>786265
Hi Brendon

>> No.786660

>>786202

There are lots of solo careers you can pursue... i ll just randomly name a few
-truck driver
-Autocad Drafter
-Land surveyor

>> No.786693

You won't be rich but it's possible to be well-off enough to stop working for the rest of your life.

The key is to live frugally and save as much as humanly possible (>70%) from the job you currently have and invest it.

>> No.786730

>>786598

How's that? The guy feels sorry, I tell him I felt the same way and what I did to change that. Productive? Contributing? What?