[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 63 KB, 718x718, 1421116068949.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
784868 No.784868 [Reply] [Original]

I work as a software developer and I plan on resigning soon. I know the company (fortune 100) does exit interviews so my question is does anyone know what purpose they serve, what questions they ask, and what is the correct protocol?

If I say I'm quitting because my manager is an incompetent fool, will that fuck me over in anyway?

I don't believe anything is anonymous at work anymore, but I want to know if being honest will burn me when applying for other jobs.

Do I just give some other innocuous reason for quitting?

>> No.784872

>>784868
Yes, make up something and be positive. Nothing to gain from a burnt bridge and HR people move companies every damn year so you don't want them to remember you if they see you at some other company 3 years from now.

>> No.784876

Exit interviews are just HR circle jerking. Larger companies actually outsource them out instead of doing them in house.

Literally nothing positive happens if you tell them that management is retarded and you just can't work in with a bunch of gossipers and incompetent mouth breathers. They're not going to try to fix anything and HR will probably put it in a file that no human will ever read again until all of humanity dies and aliens extract data from the ruins of our civilization.

Whenever you're in a situation like this, just do the smart thing and act as professional as possible. Just give them a very PC hug box explanation of how you are moving forward with other plans in your life and are grateful for the opportunities and experience and blah blah blah and you know how to play this game.

>> No.784888
File: 166 KB, 400x521, 1416882677668.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>784876
>They're not going to try to fix anything and HR will probably put it in a file that no human will ever read again until all of humanity dies and aliens extract data from the ruins of our civilization.

that might be the funniest thing i've ever read on this laotian ladyboy forum.
-
that makes a lot of sense. thanks for the sage advice m8

>> No.784898

In a perfect world exit interviews serve as a vehicle for employees to finally be honest about the company, and some positive changes can occur from comments made.

BUT, especially in a large company, I doubt they'd do shit, so I'd just be positive.

It depends on your complaints. If it's personal I wouldn't say anything, if its simple work requirements, then I'd mention something tactfully.

For example in my last job I would have said something like, "I think entry level pay should be raised by 15%".

etc...