[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 548 KB, 1024x768, Lighthouse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
775626 No.775626 [Reply] [Original]

I just got a warehouse job a few weeks ago and will be able to generate around $50k this year if I'm a mediocre worker.
With that money I'd like to fund an eBay business, so I'm wondering what merchandise would be a good investment.
I'd like to purchase smaller sized items with a high turn-over rate because space is an issue, and preferabbly not used items.
Also, I'd like to buy in bulk.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance to all the smart minds on this board.

>> No.775841

>>775626
where the hell do you get 50k/yr as a warehouse worker?

>> No.775850

>>775841
It's very common in high cost of living cities. And warehousing can provide lots of of overtime..

In Sydney, I know people who work as forklift drivers for large companies (think like major grocery chains) can easily be paid $30 per hour and that's just the standard pay. If they work nigh-shifts during public holidays, they can easily bring home, after tax, over $350 for a night's work...

>> No.775862

whatever you can 'borrow' from your warehouse.

>> No.775898

Step 1: Find shitty but "groovy" looking product. (think like shitty headphones/hats. with a trendy label on it..

Step 2: Convince impressionable college kids who a wanna-be business men, to buy your products in "BULK" (note: your "bulk" price per unit will be extremely high and make you retail-like profit)

Step 3: Convince those people with your ads and website, how they will make "mad gainz" by buying them from you for, say,$20 per unit and selling them individually on ebay ect. for like $120

Step 4: On your website, offer them a sample product so they can "test the market"

Step 5: Once you send them the one off sample product for $20, go on and ebay and wait for their ad selling your product and buy it off them for $120..

(NOW AT THIS POINT THEY WILL BE DROOLING AT THE MOUTH AND WILL COME BACK TO YOUR WEBSITE THINKING THEY HAVE FOUND A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY)

Step 6: Make them buy your product with like a minimum 200 unit bulk purchase.

Congratulations, you just sold 200 of your shitty products at a retail price to somebody thinking they were buying at wholesale price...