[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 140 KB, 500x863, boomer_firm_handshake.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7709480 No.7709480 [Reply] [Original]

>Be me
>web dev wagecucking for the first time
>Find out working in a office is like highschool 2.0
>nobody tells me what to do
>find out is not about doing what they tell me to do is about having initiative and alot of ass licking
>boss starts asking coworkers why i dont do anything and he doesnt know what i do he wont ask directly to me tho
>about to get fired
Why do people feel proud about having a job is truly slavery it morally and psychologicaly degrades yourself

>> No.7710176

this is why I don't want to be a programmer of any type

>> No.7710475

>>7709480
OP pic is literally the truth though. Getting through the HR machine and computer pre-screening algorithms is almost impossible. All but 1 of my jobs I got by talking to the person in charge, or by someone who knows the person in charge telling them about me. HR is quite literally filth ruining the self confidence of legions.

>> No.7710535

>>7710176
Pretty sure is the same way in any kind of job

>> No.7710592

>>7709480
Wait, so, OP. You're literally saying that:
>Figured our how to do job
>Get fired
>Brag about it on internet

>> No.7710825

>programming an app at work
>boss comes every morning to check what I've been up to
>as long as I show him new buttons and flashy shit he's happy
at some point I just came to work, changed a few layouts and buttons for 30 minutes to make my boss happy then proceed to slack off for the rest of the day. I like programming but the industry is cancer

>> No.7710835 [DELETED] 

>>7710592
I figured out you have to lick ass and sacrifice your integrity for dollar bills you are no different from you and a girl letting rich mohameds scat on her face
>brag
That mentality im pointing out how fucked up oir society is and you implying i am bragging what is there to brag about being a wagecuck slave like me

>> No.7710933

>>7710592
I figured out you have to lick ass and sacrifice your integrity for dollar bills theres no difference from you and a white Instagram girl letting rich mohameds scat on her face
>brag
That mentality im only pointing out how fucked up our society is and you are implying i am bragging about being a wagecuck slave

>>7710825
I've been doing the same thing and i ran out of css to "improve"

>> No.7711073
File: 37 KB, 399x385, 1ewdzs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7709480
>8 hours job as software developer
>wastes 6 hours on plebbit
>Still praised for his hard work

>> No.7711127

Jobs are for chumps. You either work for someone your whole life or you have others work for you.

>> No.7711396

>>7711073
>work hard
I dont work at all I dont lurk reddit tho i just sit and stare at the stackoverflow homepage for hours i stopped pretending i was working i dont even know why they hired me the boss expects me to lick his ass like pretty much everyone else it seems to be a common practice for IT developers

>> No.7711449

>>7711396
Oh and my coworker just told me to pay him a quarter of my wage to put me in some projects