[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 84 KB, 700x714, 1425480101424.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
768758 No.768758 [Reply] [Original]

So /Biz/ I'm making a paper about the future of the supply chain in 10 years but got stuck on ideas. Any trends or developments i could research on this subject?

>> No.768781
File: 234 KB, 445x353, 25052015.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>768758

>> No.769160

>>768758
>Paper
>Future
you're not writing a sci-fi novel, are you?

Start over, write about a topic in today's supply chain.
>who is leading the industry?
Last time I checked Toyota had a preety swell Just-in-Time production system (Toyota Production System or TPS).
>average 2.8h of parts at factories at all times
>15min delay per day on avr
>fewer defects than industry avr (18% I think)

however
>vulnerable to natural disasters
>needs firm contractual commitment from suppliers
>puts strain on workers to perform better-higher turnover, stress, unhapiness

there I practically wrote the thing for you

>> No.769234

>>768758
theyre soing a small trial run of the hyperloop in cali. Wont work for people but it could work for goods

>> No.769258

>>768758
write about big data and ERP systems

>> No.769263

>>768758
Depends how far in the future. You could talk about auto drive cars which if made to trucks would make an 8 + 8 hour trip with breaks in the middle for a human a single quick trip for a machine.

You could talk about drones for small deliveries.

You could talk about 3D printing, if i becomes cheap and advanced enough maybe all manufacturing will be decentralized and no real supply chain as we see it now will be needed.

You could talk about computer systems which allow us to more efficiently track individual items and orders and automatically order enough supplies to last x amount of time etc. and how that might affect business profits.

That's all I've got.

>> No.769345

Blockchain tech will be utilized for supply chains.

>> No.769409

Internet of Things, man. Every single box, piece of equipment and plant in the chain could have an Internet address and be capable of transmitting information - this includes things such as location, environment, fragility, even how much it's being rattled.

Look into Physical Markup Language (PML) for real-time tracking in space of objects.