[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 302 KB, 1920x1080, Give Her The Dick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
765549 No.765549 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /biz/, I have a business related situation and it's time to make a decision.

I'm 29 and have a fellow on my record, a pretty serious one. No white collar crimes or violent but it's enough to have a ton of doors shut on my face.

I'm in college now and am doing well, I have a knack for business. What are some types of degrees/majors that would allow me to start my own business or even contract with bigger businesses without the need to disclose my felony?

I know that I can't be a doctor or lawyer but how about a CPA, broker or real estate agent?

This is happened 11 years ago and I've finally made enough progress to actually be something now.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

>> No.765550

>>765549

Felony.

>> No.765558

>>765549
In Texas, you can run a pawnshop after 8 years if you've had a felony on your record. Also, I know a guy who had a felony ( a misprision of a felony) on his record and started an audio visual rental business and did well.

If you can get a refrigeration certificate from a community college you can get into refrigerator repair and make good money.

All these businesses require starting small and building by word of mouth. The pawnshop biz requires heavy capital infusion and a lot of knowledge development over time.

Good luck, anon.

>> No.765560

What's the felony?

>> No.765563

>>765549
>pretty serious one
Good, less competition for me. Taking my CPA exam next month OP. Feels good!

>> No.765586

>>765560
Something sexual I'm guessing.

>> No.765591

>>765586

Well of course; I was just wondering how young the boy was...

>> No.765600

>>765560

Sexual misconduct with a minor; I was 21, she was 16. Is it the be all, end all of my life? No of course not, just going to have to get creative.

Demand fuels innovation, mirite?

Thanks for the feedback guys and good luck on your bean counting exam. I'm more boots on the ground type of guy.