[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 72 KB, 240x320, jeff_bezos_headshot1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
756296 No.756296 [Reply] [Original]

Jeff Bezos: idiot or genius?

>> No.756314

Lizard person

>> No.756316

>>756296
Bought the Washington Post...

Pretty retarded on that one, but overall slave driving "genius".

>> No.756334

>>756315
Confirmed reptilian

>> No.756340 [DELETED] 
File: 26 KB, 337x314, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo. Ko

>> No.756347

>>756314
>>756316
>>756334

I suppose the reason I asked the question is because I only just found out that Amazon makes next to no profits. Bezos' philosophy is that they don't need to make profits; they find enough investors as it is, who are content with waiting for profits rather than demanding them now, so they don't need to worry about profits and can instead plow money into loads and loads of side projects and new initiatives.

Do you think this is a smart or a stupid move? I suppose if he's getting away with it - that is, if he can actually keep finding enough investors who aren't bothered by lack of profits - then why not? But then I think of so many established businesses who HAVE to worry about making a profit and do so quite contently, while probably experimenting less on new initiatives, but still run their bread and butter business well with smooth, continued growth. Why doesn't he just do that? He's one of the richest billionaires in the world, why isn't he happy with Amazon slowly ticking over and continuing to dominate the online retail sector? Why does he feel the need to create a new phone that nobody in the world will literally ever want to buy, and do other such stupid initiatives?

>> No.756457

>>756347
Growth is the name of the game anon. Amazon is becoming a market leader in new things where network effects have a huge impact, like web services. Once people use your services as a standard, you're set for awhile. Just look at Google, they throw money away on all new experimental tech in an attempt to eke out more growth. Microsoft's monopoly set them up for growth for years. Same with McDonalds. I don't have a problem with him setting up Amazon for long term success, because the only way to ride the gravy train to easy money is by increasing stock price by keeping growth measures high.

Dividends are also one of the least efficient ways of making your small-time shareholders money anyway, at least from a tax basis and assuming the average investor is American with a 401k/IRA.

>> No.756510

>lizard
>person

>> No.756520

>>756347
His customers are all happy and satisfied with his services and products. Amazon puts a huge emphasis on customer satisfaction, and it causes consumer loyalty.
Amazon is growing and continuing to be a household name, so he has no reason to worry.

>> No.756531

>>756296
intelligent enough to see the value of computers and lean towards the trade/business side of things

lucky enough that computers and internet took off like they did

>> No.756536

Amazon has shit ethics, and treats their workers almost as bad as China. I would kill Bezos myself if I was a nigger and had nothing to lose.

>> No.756577

>>756347
I mean it dooesn't matter that much. The company's market cap is just below 200 billion, and he owns approximately 35.7 billion of that. He can sell stock and have all the cash he could ever need.