[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 367 KB, 1024x576, pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
746516 No.746516 [Reply] [Original]

part 1: >>744724

Hey so i've got it down to 3 product categories for the mall kiosk

1) red eared slider turtles, and related food, tanks, etc.
Pros:
unique in the mall, creates repeat customers (food etc.)
Cons:
"live" product means extra labor/effort on top of inventory costs.

2) phone cases, screen protectors, and other accessories
Pros:
good margins, inventory doesn't go "stale", i'm pretty knowledgeable about phone stuff
Cons:
competition: there's a radio shack, target, and walmart in the same mall probably selling the same stuff I'd have.

3) "meme products" - shit like this: http://www.redbubble.com/shop/rare+pepe+t-shirts
and vidya related merchandise.
Pros:
exploiting trends, decent margins on clothing products
Cons:
i'd have inventory that's out of fashion that i'd take a loss on to sell or clear out on discount.

I'd be paying a 1200$ / month lease on the kiosk, it's next to a high school, 36,000 people directly in this zip code, and 10 minutes away from 1 major city, 2 large cities, and several suburbs.

what do you guys think would be the best out of these three?

(Someone else suggested vaping products, which could do well, but alcohol/tobacco shit is too big of a headache and I don't want to deal with it.)

>> No.747488
File: 498 KB, 740x555, 84503626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can't picture it working out well, especially not the meme idea. There are too few autistic faggots willing to embarrass themselves with that shit.

Kids these days just like energy drinks and shit that can kill you. Focus on that. Buy energy drinks in bulk, including rare ones not available and sell them marginally cheaper than everywhere else. Also sell rolling papers, brass knuckles, switch blades, clone-a-willy, grinders, scales, and that kind of shit.

>> No.747500

>>746516
How is my vaping idea too much of a hassle? Just card people

>> No.747668

>>746516

Vaping would be great

The vapes are all chinese and can be resold for huge profit

The juice you can sell at 1000% markup and its fucking nicotine so your clients will keep coming back

>> No.747773

>>747668
>Vaping would be great
don't you need some sort of regulation?
>The vapes are all chinese and can be resold for huge profit
sounds good

>The juice you can sell at 1000% markup and its fucking nicotine so your clients will keep coming back
what do you mean by "juice".

>> No.747802

>>747773
There are two types of ecigarettes, the disposable ones that your gas station sells, and refillable ecigs.

The second type (see video below) is a reusable, rechargeable unit that you refill with a liquid juice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GplwnEoPmA4

The liquid juice usually contains a mixture of vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, a flavoring agent and diluted nicotine. The multitude of flavors and possible nicotine levels allow for thousands of combinations of what is essentially a $15 bottle of semi-addictive sugar water.

>> No.748317

>>747802
just found out that vapes are illegal in my country because of some bullshit laws.
oh well. fuck this country

>> No.749337

>>748317
What country are you in?

>> No.749338

>>749337
mexico.
>n-no vaping pls, that shit is dangerous
meanwhile cigarettes, which are much more dangerous, are legal...

>> No.749363
File: 38 KB, 500x375, virgin wrestling superstar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, you seriously going to end up like pic related with the turtles and meme shit.

Phone cases might work, but why wouldn't people just get those online.

>>747488

Sound and legit advice. Especially considering you're next to a high school. Kids fucking love their energy drinks

>> No.749373

>>749363
phone cases / screen protectors because:

- i see them in every fucking mall
- they're impulse buys (price range)
- pretty much everyone has a cell phone
- good margins
- inventory doesn't "go bad"