[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 971 KB, 1920x1082, dude.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
740185 No.740185 [Reply] [Original]

Professor: I know this is music appreciation and you're probably thinking I don't need to know this shit. Well it could help you stand out in corporate America!

Got this today, how bullshit is it?

>mfw

>> No.740258

>>740185
Yeah, it's kinda bullshit, but making good cocktail party conversation is literally the only reason "appreciation" classes exist. If you loved music you'd learn to play some (even if you are never planning on being a performer) or if you loved art you'd try out painting and through that gain an appreciation for the craft of an artist.

Sitting in a lecture hall and listen to some moron tell you how to nod profoundly at some bullshit hanging on the wall is the peak of bourgeois affectation.

>> No.740283

>>740258
>Sitting in a lecture hall and listen to some moron tell you how to nod profoundly at some bullshit hanging on the wall is the peak of bourgeois affectation.
Well memed comrade. I agree with you 100%.

>> No.740303

Having a vast knowledge on different subject (art especially included) is always good. You can easily stand out from the crowd if some guy you want to have business with has a wife working in the opera and you mentioned how you like this-and-that. Makes good impression.

tl;dr knowledge is power, fool