[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 731 KB, 499x499, 1424318803331.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
732190 No.732190 [Reply] [Original]

I made a shitapp that is making me over $300 per day in ads, what do I need to do to turn this into a legit company? Making more apps is obvious, but do i need to make it an llc or what? Babbies first biznizz general

>> No.732193

Tell me your story. How the fuck did you do that?

>> No.732194

Forming a LLC is common, but not necessary. You could just remain a sole proprietorship and file for a trade name / doing business as if you don't want to operate under your own name.

>> No.732199

Im a CS student that has been programming since i was about 10. I always found data mining fascinating so I built something that would suggest me apps to make. I made one and loaded it with google ads and for some unknown reason people actually click them.

>> No.732205

>>732193
sorry meant to reply to you.
>>732194
thank you, I have no morals when it comes to creating whatever garbage it is that people want as long as i get paid so its not quite about the name. I heard that LLCs provide a sort of safetynet for bankruptcy and what not. Im sure its not that simple but would appreciate any other input.

>> No.732214

>>732205
A LLC gives you limited liability protection (think owning shares in a corporation). In theory that means you aren't personally liable for the business' debts or certain judgments against it. In reality it's difficult to actually remain separate from a single member LLC, and if you try to use it for obviously fraudulent purposes it's easy for a court to pierce it and make you liable.

>> No.732218

>>732214
I actually have a partner but i assume its still the same anyway. Really wouldn't be using it for fraud, just dont want something that I did in college at a half assed attempt to make money to eventually fall back on me