[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 86 KB, 588x588, le thinking face meme.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7257188 No.7257188 [Reply] [Original]

Give me your best wagecuck stories, /biz/. Vent off and relate to other bizmen. We'll all make it someday.

>been working on two jobs since September
>one of them is mostly remotely, so I had the time to work a second one - different companies routinely send me proposals, I turn down most of them; this one I accepted because it came from a good friend and also could work remotely too
>go to interview, get hired and start work the same day; initially, my boss accepted my style of working remotely, and just requested me to be at the actual office every now and then to check out how things are going
>fair enough
>do all my job within all requirements deadlines, not afraid of working past midnight if needed
>eventually boss requests me to be every Wednesday at the office (even if there is no work pending)
>"ok boss, I guess I can play along with that"; do as requested
>continue being an good and eficient employee
>boss now requires me to make a schedule of my entire week and send it to him; schedule what will be my rest hours, what I will be doing every single hour of my week; also requests me to be two times a week at the office (again, even if there was no work pending)

That's where trouble started.

>> No.7257282

>>7257188

>find that stupid but comply, come up with some schedule I personally didn't care about too much and send it to him
>things get quiet for a while
>January 2018: go to his office to collect my paycheck
>boss starts going on about how it is important to be in-company, because you need to talk to people and be social and loud about your achievements or else no one will notice you
>silently disagree, but play along
>during the last month, kept giving off hints that I should be always at the company's office because of whatever bullshit reaons
>decide to quit in about a month
>2 days before my last paycheck comes in, he drops off the bomb on his intentions: "I need you to be at office full time, every day of the week"
>tell him we'd talk about that in 2 days

>last Thursday
>go and collect my check; calmly and rationally tell him that I did not want to comply with his request, that I disagree with his view that you need to be loud and social, and that for such reasons I would be quitting the company the same day
>he gets no other option other than agree with my points and I'm off, in good terms

That's how a good job almost turned into a typical wageslave job. I hope all of you wagecucks can do the same some day.