[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 464 KB, 500x338, tumblr_lrhpc2MWoD1qeb5vb.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
712134 No.712134 [Reply] [Original]

Are the rising number of NEETS a problem for the first world?

>> No.712137

>>712134
No shit. Gigantic problem especially with the boomers retiring soon.

>> No.712145

No, there are a lot more NEETs outside the first world. Why do you think the Arab Spring was a thing.

Then, when you are talking about the truly fucked third world, what is unemployment anyway? Rural people in those countries don't have jobs like we have jobs. They tend crops, forage in the forest, have a couple of side trades that they do sometimes for money sometimes for barter...

If you go to the third world, and you go to a city, you will see slums. Those people often don't have regular employment with set hours either.

Countable unemployment is a first world problem though.

>> No.712150

>>712145
To put this into context, I remember I went to an African country on a site visit. I hiked away from the main site to look at something.
We came upon a little village in the woods of corrugated iron sheets, bent to form shelters.
We talked to them a bit about the local area. I needed to know what these people were doing near the site so I got the guide to ask them.
They had lived there for about 2 years. They knew what to eat in the forest, and had neither the need nor the means to gain anything from the outside world (which was a fair distance away without transport anyway).
Are these people NEET?

>> No.712203

>>712150
Worse than NEET, because they are not consuming product out of the capitalist system.

>> No.712204

>>712145
That was quite the derailed rant from what OP asked

>> No.712210

>>712203
Those people are literally terrorists.
If you're not a consumer, then you hate freedom, remember that son!

>> No.712238

>>712150
>Are these people NEET?
No.
However, if the Outside or Other ever encroaches in on "their" space, they're fucked.
You can only live like that in an isolated bubble (though presumably mobile).
>plus what were you doing in Afroca?
>I built houses there once for a fucking shit NGO who didn't even listen to locals
>"Hurr derr, we don't have to do this, you should be grateful, we're doing this for you! Know how to repair/build it yourselves? We'd tell you but our contract's done so wateva. K bye..."

>> No.712239

>>712210
You're hero anon, the war on the idea of terrorism would be won if more people were like you.
And if any other 'ism comes along to take our freedom, we will win the war on that too.

>> No.712256

Very much, yes.