[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 98 KB, 790x1053, 1426970802025.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
701677 No.701677 [Reply] [Original]

I've graduated from school finally got a little money saved ( around 50k and growing each month) and just started thinking about my mortality and what will happen to the money if I die.

I'd like to give half to an ex-girlfriend and half to a no-kill shelter to get back at her and make her feel bad about ending our relationship my family would be pissed but they don't need the money. I've been looking this up and I'm not sure if I can competently do it it myself but I feel like going to a lawyer to write a will for 50k would be a waste of time and money. Oh and of course I'd like to structure it in a way that uncle sam gets as little as possible.

Anyone write their own will and feel confident it will be carried out?

>> No.701685

>autism: the thread
Seriously though, as long as the will isn't going to be contested it's pretty trivial.

>> No.701711

>>701677
i pray this is bait, giving money to your ex will make her think you're a tad bit creepier than she thought...

>> No.701741

dude, take that 25k and blow it on hookers and blow in Vegas, while you still alive. This advice is not for everyone - but, for yourself? its legit, trust me.

>> No.702182

>>701711

I'll be dead, being creepy won't matter. If it creeps her out that's satisfactory to me.

>>701741

I am not planning on dying soon so this is bad advice.

>>701685

that's what i was hoping. I guess I just need to scrawl some shit out on a piece of paper and leave it in a shoebox or something.

>> No.702432

>>702182
>I guess I just need to scrawl some shit out on a piece of paper and leave it in a shoebox or something
Wills are worthless if they are not in official hands.
They are usually left with law firms.

Do you know what will happen if it's just in your shoebox?
1. It's highly likely it will never be found
2. Even if it's found, someone who does find it is likely to destroy it if it means they will get more of the will.