[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2 KB, 200x200, eth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6910533 No.6910533 [Reply] [Original]

guys i just went off-/biz/ for 30 min, very few strangers which i spoke to know what Ethereum is. i think we may be /earlyadopters/

>> No.6910587

>>6910533
it's on coinbase nigger, every normie who bought BTC knows about it, my point being as early as we are on BTC we're on ETH, but BTC is completely worthless and ETH not so much

>> No.6910598

We are. People talk about bitcoin and cryptos to no end, but most think bitcoin IS crypto and most haven’t invested anything. Capital in the market is early adopter status, not water cooler bullshittin

>> No.6910649

>>6910587
only one of the ~50 strangers i interviewed on the street had heard of ethereum, and he didn't know what a smart contract was.

every normie that i know personally who has bought btc or eth on coinbase doesn't know what ethereum does.

>> No.6910681

>>6910587
>BTC is completely worthless and ETH not so much

This. Why the fuck people still believe in BTC enough to invest in it is beyond me. It's the highest priced dead coin there is.

>> No.6910724

Saying eth is early adaoption is like saying any crypto is early adoption

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that crypto is mainstream

>> No.6910761

>>6910533
or you may be the early bagholders

>> No.6910785

>>6910724
saying crypto isn't in early adoption is like saying banks and governments are dying.

>> No.6910815

The common man knows of crypto:
>My Dad's co-worker (dad works in demolition for a living):
Person 1: Buying ETH on coinbase, makes $20 and sells
Person 2: Hears news about price crash and panic sells

>> No.6910819

>>6910649
>only one of the ~50 strangers i interviewed on the street had heard of ethereum, and he didn't know what a smart contract was.
I said every normie who's bought, the others don't matter much since by the time they decide to buy in both might be dead

>every normie that i know personally who has bought btc or eth on coinbase doesn't know what ethereum does.
like I said ETH at least isn't totaly worthless, but we're talking about normies, and I'm sure you know none of that matters with them, and they'll just buy the hype and the MSM shills, so if normies just flood BTC and ETH stays it's bitch you won't be early on anything, which isn't to say you won't make gains regardless

>> No.6910843

>>6910815
Oh and they're using coinbase on there phones, no exchanges.

>> No.6910898

>>6910819
>>6910649
also let's face it the early fags got in 2 years ago, keep holding, but keep looking

>>6910681
I don't think they actually believe in any of it, at least the normies I mean
>it's the future
>it's the revolution
>fuck da banks
>we wuz anonymous
>we'll all be rich
that's what they believe, any thought or research beyond that is non existent with them, which oddly enough reminds me how much of a normie cesspool this board is

>> No.6910927

>>6910761

I can agree with that lol

>> No.6910963

>>6910533

eth already reached ath way too fast

I see it going down from here, rather than up

>> No.6911222

>>6910533
The important point is would any of those 50 people invest and the answer is no

Bet they all know what stocks and bonds are too but they arent ever going to invest or even fucking save cash for a pension because the majority of people dont care about saving for the future and are terrified of losing their money.

The real proof of how saturated the market is is by looking at normie facebook pages like ladbible when they post on crypto, there you will see all these normie investor types thinking they are the next wolf of wall st talking about ripple monero and other alts, way 'deeper' than you might expect

>> No.6911237

More people know about BAT than ETH.. ETH is jusy underlying layer