[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 168x196, wtf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
687325 No.687325 [Reply] [Original]

Yo guys,

I'm interviewing a hedge fund services firm tomorrow. They offer Direct Managed Account services (they'll set up and run a stand-alone fund, including on-boarding of managers), and Risk & Performance Analytics.

Does anyone with industry experience know what kind of experience an entry-level position at a firm like this will give me, and perhaps where I can use this experience if I decide to leave the firm?

Hopefully someone serious will know the answer to this, because I'm interested in working in Hedge Funds, and my gut is that the experience could be valuable, but what I'm really interested in doing is some kind of equity research & analysis further down the line, and this is not research & analysis at all.

What other non-research jobs would one be able to get with fund set-up/risk & performance analytic experience?

I'm interviewing with the client services team, too. So I'm not sure if this is a really good opportunity for what I want to do anyway.

>> No.687414

hedge funds are top money
like no joke

>> No.687477

>>687414
I know, bro. But this firm isn't a hedge fund. They provide services to hedge funds. My question is, will a job at a Hedge FUnd services firm prepare me to apply for equity research positions at hedge funds.

>> No.687483
File: 51 KB, 720x406, funnel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>687414
>tfw you would love to get into PE
>tfw never will

(Pic somewhat related)