[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 77 KB, 645x729, 1516579529803.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6857019 No.6857019 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a total newfag on this board and was a nocoins until this week, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

I've been watching the coin prices go up and down very closely for days now and it seems like the variation is close to 10% a day, and goes up and down in fairly steady shifts. What's stopping everyone from just manipulating the fuck out of that and buying low and then selling as soon as it goes high enough to profit after the trading fee? I realize that a real market change in one way or another could upset this but you can always just factor that in and abort mission at a certain point.

I can't come up with a logical reason why this is a bad thing to do, but I'm sure there is one and I want to know what it is.

>> No.6857432

>>6857019
Because that's small potatoes. The people who can manipulate will manipulate it for millions and 10x. The people who can't manipualte will ride as long as their retarded hands can hold for.

>> No.6857551

>>6857432
Why can't poorfags just keep playing it for 5% gains a day though? I'm just talking about taking advantage of low and high points during the day.

>> No.6857592

>>6857551

You can-- a lot of people try and do. What's the question???

There's also the very real possibility of trying to play the dips/spikes and getting played by the market (ie. try doing this with TRX, good luck!)

>> No.6857711

>>6857019

Try is and see just how easy it is.

>> No.6857744

>>6857019
It works sometime and sometimes it doesn't. For example, you sell and the coin you sell into nose dives. And recovers like in months. Or you get juked, instead about going up in dives, and the other shoots up. You try to buy back in you lose money. Is hard to explain, but the only way to find out is to try it. Some times you might buy out and the coin blows up 200% and you lose the train.
But if you trade a example coin with another constantly you'll see patterns, but is still risky. Remember when xrp blew up, imagine selling ath into eth then buying back when xrp when down to 1.49

>> No.6857775

New investor? Perfect. Check out my thread. Apply the concepts I talk about to every coin that exists.

>>6851446

>> No.6857820

Sorry for the confusion and multiple links, but here's a better post of mine. I initially wrote multiple posts on multiple sites, but finally consolidated everything into one nice thread.

>>6853770

>> No.6857950

You can, but say you have $10k in various cryptos and in the market of your choice you use $2000 of it for this game, and you are lucky enough to find a bottom of a dip and at +3% (when it's 2060$) you sell, then you made 60$, which isn't even a percent of your portfolio. And you want to do that a lot. Meanwhile, if you spend 20 minutes a day on searching for a good ICO instead, you make much much more. Or, if you hodl, you miss the 60's or whatever, but your $10k also becomes $100k in a year. And that's assuming you trade well and not just pic a coin that dies out. Unless trading isn't your job, it's not really worth it.