[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 279x180, bittard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
659530 No.659530 [Reply] [Original]

Daily Reminder that if you invest in Bitcoin you are never going to make it

>> No.659534

Pointless post. Everyone who would listen already knows it and everyone else is too far gone to listen.

>> No.659541

Bitcoin can makes you lots of $$, just gotta do it right

>> No.659543

>>659541
Practically anything can make you lots of $$, you just gotta do it right

>> No.659681
File: 160 KB, 1920x913, nonbittards.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nice chart m8

>> No.659697

>>659681
That chart looks just as bad for Bitcoin

>> No.659703

>>659681
If anyone is ever unsure of how to play the bitcoin market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w

>> No.659704
File: 36 KB, 350x245, runaway-bull.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>659697
Yup, have a look at the price on the right though

>> No.659705

>>659681

>Past performance is indicative of future returns

Get the fuck out.

>> No.659707

>>659703
Thats the best way to lose your ass

>> No.659708

>>659705
>How do I even trend analysis

Why the fuck do you even come on the Business & Finance board

>> No.659715

>>659708
>using TA for something as speculative as Bitcoin
Top fucking kek. You have reached the 7th level of plebdom. Next are you going to pull out the beanie baby chart?

>> No.659723

>>659715

Hey man, one of the largest drivers of speculation is TA.

>> No.659732

Do we have to wait until block reward halves before we realize returns on investment?

>> No.659752

>>659732
It didnt do it last time why would it now? The rise to 1200 was china buying in and people from south east europe when the banks were rumored to be vlose to just grabbing money out of bank accounts to pay gov debt.

BTC will go back up on financial catastrophe

>> No.659755

>>659752
>china
hahaha. first of all the pump started because of this story:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/29/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home

china never bought in. willy bot bought it up to 1200.

>> No.659782

>>659755
Oh i heard about that. Some crazy bunch of discrepancies at mt gox when people were digging through the transactions , trades that shouldnt have been possible and such.

link for me to refresh my memory?

>> No.659795

>>659755
This. We have had a couple financial crises since the bubble to $1100 and it didnt do shit to the price of Bitcoin. Russian ruble anyone? There are only a few price manipulators making any money with Bitcoin. The rest of you got played like a fiddle. Any bagholders at this point are severe retards.

>> No.659809

>>659795
>Russian ruble anyone?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102275772

>There are only a few price manipulators making any money with Bitcoin

But that's wrong, you just don't know how to trade.

>> No.659815

>>659809
>transactions volumes between the ruble and Bitcoin experienced their biggest day of the year
And it still didn't move the price of Bitcoin. Topkek. How pathetic is that?

>you just don't know how to trade.
Naw I just dont feel like minimizing Bitcoiners risk by borrowing their Bitcoin to short it. If I could make a straight bet that Bitcoin fails within a year without bailing out Bitcoiners then I would.

>> No.659817

>>659809
Hmm, i think yhe guy who replied to me is correct and you are wrong. On dec 17th as noted in the article the price of btc went down. Its been going down since.

So unless bagholders used THIS economic turmoil as a chance to cash out(and didnt do so the other times for whatever reason) i believe my presumption is incorrect.

>> No.659818

>>659703

that guy has a good voice

>> No.659827

>>659815
Jesus christ, stop saying topkek, you sound like a child.

>>659817

>Thinking some poorfag techie Russians can move a 3 billion marketcap

There were much larger market moving powers in December/January, some Russians bought in, but they were pissing in the direction of a capitulation.

We've since stabilised a bit since

>> No.659852

>>659827
>stop saying topkek
Tippity toppity of the toppest keks

>Thinking some poorfag techie Russians can move a 3 billion marketcap
Actually they could if any real percentage of them had actually bought Bitcoin when the ruble collapsed. It doesn't take $3 billion to move the marketcap, only a very small fraction of it. In reality, even though Bitcoin had one of its largest trading volumes specifically with the ruble, it was a drop in the bucket to the amount of people that were offloading Bitcoin at the time. My whole point was that a financial crisis large enough to implode the currency of a 2nd world country (not China) did not have any positive effect on Bitcoin price. Why? Because mtgox manipulation was the only reason Bitcoin bubbled to $1100 in the first place.

>stabilised
Lmao. Is that what you guys call a massive price drop these days?

>> No.659863

>>659827
>reads text
>"you sound like a child."
topkek

>> No.659885

>>659852
was Mt. Gox really manipulating the price of bitcoin?

>> No.659895

>>659885
>https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mt-gox-trading-bots-manipulated-bitcoin-price/

>> No.659985

>>659895
So we just need to hold until the next "willy bot" comes along?

>> No.660077

>>659755
Willy bot is bullshit, hundreds of millions poured into bitcoin across 4-5 exchanges (BTCchina led the way, not mtgox), willy bot is just the scapegoat.

>> No.660097

>>660077
>believing some random singular guy on an anonymous imageboard or just about everyone in the Bitcoin community including pro-bitcoin news sites
Why the hell would pro-bitcoin sites totally fabricate a story that puts bitcoin in a bad light? Don't you think they would have everything to gain by hmmm... NOT reporting on it? Use your noodle sometime dummy.

>> No.660136

>>660077
Except because it was crypto currency all the other exchanges were basing ask and sell prices off of the high's from the company that had the most traffic (mt gox) , so its perfectly feasible that a bot on the largest most well known exchange could have manipulated the price because anyone with half a brain was playing for arbitrage as well and closing the gap between prices.

>> No.660189

>>660097
I don't think anybody denies the willy bot was a thing.

To say it alone was fully responsible for the rally is hilarious however.

>>660136
He's correct though, the Chinese did lead the way in the late 2013 bullrun

>> No.660202

>>660189
>To say it alone was fully responsible for the rally is hilarious however.
Its not hilarious at all. Its sad how easily everyone who bought Bitcoin at that time got played by chumps. They all saw that Bitcoin price was rising and that caused a frenzy that drove the price even higher. Once the bubble burst the price has been receding to the true value had the bots not manipulated the price. It would be retarded to not see causation in all of this. Keep trying to make the case that the chinese just all of the sudden bought in all at once though even though Mtgox accounted for 80% of Bitcoin trades at that time. Real believable.

>> No.660232

>>660202
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=961340.0

Here's a thread discussing it

>Mtgox accounted for 80% of Bitcoin trades at that time

But that's wrong

mtgox
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#ig2-hourzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-19ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

btc china
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btcnCNY#ig2-hourzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-19ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

There were several exchanges by this point who were competing for #1 spot, mtgox was in decline since the 266 bubble, and it hadn't seen "80%" like it was advertising since 2011/2012.

>> No.660247

>>660232
Even the charts you linked to prove that Mtgox had a higher trade volume than BTC China and was the driving force behind the price increase.

Also,
>wants me to go on the circlejerk forum that is bitcointalk
Hahaha. No thanks, bud. I think I will stay away from that cesspool.

To be perfectly frank, nobody (except the people that were running them) have any idea how long bots had been manipulating Bitcoin price on Mtgox. The Willy bot was just one that they were specifically able to pinpoint. If you don't argue that there definitely was price manipulation going on then how the hell do you get around the fact that it was EXACTLY the thing that caused the hype? Are you trying to say that the Chinese were unaware of the pump going on at Mtgox and just decided to buy as a seperate unlinked event? Dont be stupid. You and I know full well that wasnt the case.

>> No.660258

>>660247
>Even the charts you linked to prove that Mtgox had a higher trade volume than BTC China

I'll put the main exchanges as a daily so it might be a bit easier to read.

mtgox
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igDailyzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-04ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

btcchina
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btcnCNY#igDailyzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-04ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

okcoin
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/okcoinCNY#igDailyzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-04ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

bitstamp
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#igDailyzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-04ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

btce
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#igDailyzczsg2013-10-30zeg2013-12-04ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

If you would like me to teach you how to read a daily candle chart I'll talk you through it...

>> No.660259
File: 153 KB, 1024x768, N670wqV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why do buttcoiners never talk about using Bitcoin for practical purposes?
You know, paying bills, buying groceries etcetera.
All they ever talk about is using US$ to buy coins, then selling them later on to get back their US$.

>> No.660268

>>660258
Why would you put a daily? That would be dumb as shit lol. I am talking about average trade volume per day for the time period you posted. If you would like me to teach you what averages mean I'll walk you through it...

>> No.660273

>>660259
Because whenever a thread tries to talk about bitcoin for it's practical uses it gets derailed for

"topkek, look at all you faggots losing your money"

I use my bitcoins all the time, mostly it's for takeouts, games, clothing, or just general shit whenever I find somewhere accepting it, I'll specifically hunt for nearby places that accept it and shop there.

I also bought a holiday to Greece for this summer with my gf which I'm excited for.

Buying drugs is the real kicker though, being able to sit on my ass and smoke weed grown from every corner of the planet is ace

>> No.660276

>>660259
what a stupid question

BECAUSE, UNTIL MORE STORES START SELLING ITEMS PRICED IN BITCOINS, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH THEM BUT TRADE THEM LIKE FUCKING POKEMON CARDS

>> No.660282

>>660268

Does this help?

gox
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igWeeklyzczsg2013-11-10zeg2013-12-10zm1g10zm2g25zv

btc china
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btcnCNY#igWeeklyzczsg2013-11-05zeg2013-12-10zm1g10zm2g25zv

>> No.660298

>>660282
Ahh yes that does help. Now I get why youre super confused and have no clue what the hell you have been talking about all thread. You are cherrypicking information. Look at what happened even a month before and you will see Mtgox was already being pumped. CNY was just late to the party. Maybe next time learn how to read information before you post and you wont come off as such an idiot.

>>660273
>Buying drugs is the real kicker though, being able to sit on my ass and smoke weed grown from every corner of the planet is ace
Are you high right now? I sure hope so. That would explain A LOT.

>> No.660311

>>660202
>>660298
>Mtgox accounted for 80% of Bitcoin trades at that time.

Okay then, forget the fact that I've shown you BTC china (alone) had more volume than gox, why did the Chinese exchanges spike higher than the USD exchanges?

If btc china was playing the arbitrage game like you suggest why were they consistently higher during the whole climb than the USD exchanges?

>> No.660323

>>660311
>BTC china (alone) had more volume than gox
For a few days out of an entire year Chinese volume exceeded Mtgox and not by much. This was all after the pump had already started. To go back to the original point before you derailed it with all this useless nonsense, the bots were reponsible for the manipulation in the first place that caused the volume and price increases.

>If btc china was playing the arbitrage game like you suggest
I didnt suggest it was just arbitrage, another anon did. I only think it was at least partly due to arbitrage because its obvious the Chinese were closely following the price on mtgox. For the most part it wasnt arbitrage, however, it was that they got caught up in the hype just like everyone else did. I dont think they had any clue that the price increases were from bot manipulation or else so many of them wouldnt have gotten BTFO by buying at the peak. The Chinese lost their shirts just as much as the rest of the market when the bubble burst. The fact that I have to keep explaining basic market tendencies to you is mind numbing.

>> No.660337

>>660323
>For a few days
n-nope

>not by much
n-n-nope

all this back peddling

To get to the point about willy

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2whyyl/the_truth_about_willy/

Think about it, if it was going to push the price up why would it buy in steps every 10-20 minutes?

Why not just market buy with the 2.5 million usd?

It was an accumulator not a pumper

>> No.660347

>>660337
>using r/bitcoin as an objective source
Topkek

>backpeddling
Wot? Lol

>why would it buy in steps every 10-20 minutes
Constant buy pressure? You do realize with massive buys like the 2.5 million that you are suggesting there is always follows a quick massive correction.... right? Have you ever traded a day in your life? Just stop already dude.

>> No.660358

>>660347
>what are iceberg orders

>actually believing a 2.5 million market buy will move the price less than spreading it out over days

I'm fairly certain you never actually watched it.

>> No.660373

>>660358
>actually believing a 2.5 million market buy will move the price less than spreading it out over days
Of course it will move the price more dumbshit. But it is obvious which is why the market will correct itself quickly after. In order to sustain a lasting price, bots usually space out the buy orders so it looks like a smooth climb due to increased adoption rather than one whale manipulating the price. Also, what kind of a retard would just put a 2.5 million buy order anyway? You would be gauranteed to pay over market value.

>> No.660382

>>660373
>You would be guaranteed to pay over market value

you have literally no clue on how price manipulation works do you?

>what kind of a retard would just put a 2.5 million buy order anyway

ayy

>> No.660394

>>660382
>you have literally no clue on how price manipulation works do you?
Are you still high? The whole point of market manipulation is to make money. How the hell are you going to make money if you drop 2.5 million on one trade, overspend because the market volume can't cover the ask price, and then immediatelt corrects to below the price you paid? Use a little common sense. This is like the 3rd time I have had to explain market behavior to you. And you trade Bitcoin? You have lost a shitload of money havent you.

>> No.660402

>>660394
You literally can't be this stupid

>overspend

For how long?

Do you know how pumps work?

>> No.660409

>>660402
>For how long?
Lmao. You're too fucking retarded to explain this to. I just told you multiple times that the market corrects itself after massive trades and it doesnt when you space them out to make them look more like natural price increases due to increased adoption. Thats how effective pumps are done. This is incredibly simple shit, dude. What are you too dense to understand?

>> No.660419

>>660409
>the market corrects itself

you. literally. cant. be. this. stupid.

>What are you too dense to understand?

ditto

>> No.660423

>>660419
Whew I finally realized. You're trolling. You got me for a second there, I actually thought you were that much of a moron that you didn't realize why the market would have an immediate correction after a massive buy order. I was thinking "has he never fucking traded before in his entire life?". LOL oh shit you got me. Good one, bro.

>> No.660434

>>660423
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igHourlyzczsg2013-10-16zeg2013-10-22ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

Holy shit, do you seriously need me to hold your hand through how a bullrun works?

click the little day > arrow

follow it for a while, watch all the big market buys being "corrected"

If you still need me to walk you through this then you are literally beyond help

>> No.660438

>>660434
Ahahahahaha

Fucking hell I have never seen anyone as dense as you. I just spit out my water you dickhead. Now I have to wipe up my desk. LMFAO

Youre totally clueless

>> No.660449
File: 11 KB, 277x182, treestarsmofo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>660438
Whatever man, thanks for shitting up this thread with your bullshit and back peddling.

Anybody here used the new coinbase exchange?

It's got a real nice api but I haven't bothered setting up an account

>> No.660460

>>660449
>backpeddling
Says the guy who first attributed the price increase to China, couldnt prove that the Chinese caused the pump, then tried to disprove bot manipulation and couldnt do that so he argues on whether its better to put a huge buy order or multiple buy orders to cause the best pump (which doesnt matter anyways considering he already acceded there was market manipulation).

Really was fun listening to you though, you gave me some great laughs. Have fun with your shitcoins. Hope you hold longterm and lose it all.

>> No.660476
File: 593 KB, 804x536, 1421741962860.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>660311
>>660460
You still need to answer my questions.

>says the guy who

"Mtgox accounted for 80% of Bitcoin trades at that time"

Even though at the time it was more like 20-30%.

>says the guy who

"You do realize with massive buys like the 2.5 million that you are suggesting there is always follows a quick massive correction"

Even though if you actually followed the price action, like I linked you >>660434 , you'd see that there wasn't "quick massive correction"s after market buys.

Here's a quote from the guy who actually made the "willy report"

"People also shouldn't assume Willy was trying to affect the market price. Spreading out massive buy orders is a well-established tactic to avoid affecting the price, trying to stay below the radar. Purely behaviorally speaking, Willy acted somewhat like a whale executing iceberg orders to accumulate hundreds of thousands of BTC."

Yes.

That's a quote, literally from the dude that the media picked up on to make sensationalist articles that people like you blow way out of proportion.

But this is all besides the fucking point.

>iceberg orders

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/icebergorder.asp

"A large single order that has been divided into smaller lots, usually through the use of an automated program, for the purpose of hiding the actual order quantity."

"By hiding its large size, the iceberg order reduces the price movements caused by substantial changes in a stock's supply and demand."

> reduces the price movements

You are literally too dense to follow anything I've just said, so you'll probably retort with a "topkek" or how you lost control of drinking some fucking water.

>> No.660510

>>660476
Ok let me make this perfectly clear to clear up some of your confusion (assuming you arent high as hell which I assume you to be considering how retarded your responses are). I am going to answer your questions one last time then you shpuld probably shut the fuck up.

>Even though at the time it was more like 20-30%
Wrong. News articles mid 2013 confirmed MtGox trading acconted for 80% of allbBitcoin trades. This was the same exact time that these mysterious bots showed up (that we know of, bots were probably manipulating BTC long before anyone noticed them). The pumping started in mid 2013.

>you'd see that there wasn't "quick massive correction"s after market buys.
You don't pay attention. I didnt just say "market buys", I purposely said "MASSIVE buy orders". When the buy order is large enough that the price increase is steeper than a 45 degree angle on a line chart, there usually follows a quick correction that cancels out most of the price increase from the pump. Its 100% more effective to have smaller sustained buy pressure over time rather than one big pump that allows profit takers to immediately cash out.

>quote from the guy who actually made the "willy report"
Who knows nothing of the intentions of whoever controlled the bot. He is guessing like everyone else. The only thing that is not a guess is that 2 bots bought 570,000 BTC which is way more than enough to manipulate the price.

>Spreading out massive buy orders is a well-established tactic to avoid affecting the price, trying to stay below the radar
>avoid affecting the price
Which no buyer who wanted to sell at a higher price would want to do. If anything he would hope for a price increase.
>trying to stay below the radar
Bingo. Now you're on to something although your dumb ass took forever to catch on. The bots were trying to stay under the radar. Why? They hoped nobody would catch on that they were manipulating the price.

Any more simple facts that you want me to explain for you, genius?

>> No.660534

>>660510

>bots
I have a trading bot on OKcoin
They aren't some mysterious "boogieman"

>I purposely said "MASSIVE buy orders"

No, you purposly said

"How the hell are you going to make money if you drop 2.5 million on one trade, overspend because the market volume can't cover the ask price, and then immediatelt corrects to below the price you paid?"

When, as I've pointed out, during the bullrun there were several MASSIVE market buys, and they mostly got supported.

> usually follows a quick correction that cancels out most of the price increase

That's not what you said

Market manipulators make MASSIVE market buys to cause a panic, and get people to FOMO.

If you don't understand this very basic concept it's fine.

>Its 100% more effective

Manipulators are looking to 'pump', they do this by causing a run on the price.

>2 bots bought 570,000 BTC
But that's totally wrong.

You can't just add every bitcoin bought on mtgox and say it was willy.

You still haven't answered my point.

Gox was around 20-30% of the volume during the late 2013 rally.

China, during this rally, was 'consistently' higher than mtgox (you can check this with the links I've posted and doing an exchange conversion)

So why?

Why were Chinese volumes AND price higher, with a peak before and higher than American exchanges, if the rally was on a single exchange that accounted for less than 1/3 of the total bitcoins traded (of which far less than 1/3 of the volume was attributed to a single 'bot'/manipulator)

Willy was a small piece of the jigsaw

>They hoped nobody would catch on that they were manipulating the price

That's why they designed it to be so predictable and obvious?

GIve me a break

It was an accumulation bot, of which, around this time, there were several if not hundreds

>> No.660551

>>660534
>No, you purposly said
Wrong. I said "massive" multuple times. Your ADD meds must be wearing off. My point is that anyone who puts up a $2.5 million buy order is retarded as shit. You are just as retarded for thinking this is a feasible strategy.

>That's not what you said
Reread it dumshit. Its there in plain text. Not like you can miss it.

>Market manipulators make MASSIVE market buys to cause a panic
Wrong.

>You can't just add every bitcoin bought on mtgox and say it was willy.
I didnt. If you cant even do basic research on how much Willy and Markus bought then dont even respond. It makes you look pretty stupid.

>Gox was around 20-30% of the volume during the late 2013 rally.
And 80% of the volume at the beginning of the rally when the bots started pumping. I wont correct you again on this. I already corrected you 2 times and youre still wrong.

>Willy was a small piece of the jigsaw
Willy and Markus were just snowballs. By the time China came on board it was already an avalanche. That is why it is moronic to think that China caused it.

>It was an accumulation bot
Wrong.Wrong.Wrong.

Post some more stupid shit now. This is fun.

>> No.660564

>>660476
so you'll admit my original premise though , the huge spike was the chinese and a little of the euro debt crisis. For whatever reason (putin stealing 200 billion maybe) russians are too poor to effect the price this time (or maybe its because the volume is so much larger)

So anyway. Youd need a massive influx of money to see 1k btc prices again and since its only vaguely useful for cash transfers and not much else (drug deals) you will only see that kind of money in btc during an economic catastrophe.

So everyone , get some cash set aside for when the market corrects and get a coinbase account setup , because btc is once again heading to the moon , only it will be twmporary and because we fucked up normal money.

>> No.660567

>>660551
>You are just as retarded for thinking this is a feasible strategy.

You have literally no idea how this market works do you?

Follow the price action and you'll see why you're wrong.

It's driven mainly by speculation, and manipulators feed from this to try and cause panics, both up and down.

That's partially why it's so volatile, people jump on huge bandwagons in an attempt that they don't lose their bitcoin if they're short or lose their shirt if their long.

>Willy and Markus
fucking. ditto.

Did you actually read the report?

Also, did you even click the fucking link I sent you like 3 hours ago?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2whyyl/the_truth_about_willy/

The OP and top commentor both studied bitcoin and won was the person who actually wrote the report

E.G. why you even know about it.

>And 80% of the volume at the beginning of the rally
That's not what you said and it's still wrong.

Mtgox didn't have 80% of the market share after 2012, by june 2013 they we're around 40/50% and by the time september was rolling round they were down to 20-30%.

Go over to bitcoin charts, this data has been compiled on bitcointalk before.

The hacks, withdrawal delays, seizures and whatnot coming out of gox made it really obvious shit was happening

>it is moronic to think that China caused it.
I never said China caused it.

To say there was any single cause to what happened in 2013 is moronic.

/somebody who has been following bitcoin price action daily since 2011

>> No.660572

>>660567
>You have literally no idea how this market works do you?
No, no you do not. You are pleb as fuck.

>That's partially why it's so volatile, people jump on huge bandwagons in an attempt that they don't lose their bitcoin if they're short or lose their shirt if their long.
Unrelated nonsense. Wtf are you going on about?

>Did you actually read the report?
You must have read the report and nothing else which is why you are so clueless. Every other source says Willy dn Markus bought 570,000 coins together. Educate yourself shitstain.

>Mtgox didn't have 80% of the market share after 2012, by june 2013 they we're around 40/50% and by the time september was rolling round they were down to 20-30%.
Completely wrong again. Arent you tired of getting BTFO?

>somebody who has been following bitcoin price action daily since 2011
You are such a faggot lol.

>> No.660587

>>659530
looks like a classic wedge to me, but I stay the fuck away from crypo shit

>> No.660588

>>660567
>Mtgox didn't have 80% of the market share after 2012

From article: http://www.forexnews.com/blog/2014/04/21/bitcoin-continues-range-karpeles-mom-gives-interview/
>MtGox transacted over 80% of total bitcoin exchange volume at the start of 2013.

Also: in April 2013
http://m.bbc.com/news/technology-22105322
>80% of all the trade in Bitcoins goes through MTGox.

And:
https://coinreport.net/editorial-rise-fall-mtgox/
>MtGox developed a reputation as the place to go to trade bitcoin and by 01 April 2013 bitcoin had reached the $100 milestone and MtGox was managing 76% of global bitcoin trades.

>> No.660620

guys

Is using Coinbase ok? or should I buy them elsewhere. I'm just a consumer. I just use it to buy stuff.

I have half in my Coinbase account and half in a private wallet

>> No.660628
File: 48 KB, 450x351, buffett-laughing-with-presidents.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/thread

>> No.660804

>>660620
>coinbase

Yeah they look pretty solid, they've had huge rounds of VC funding and some really big backers, their new exchange is pulling volumes around the 3rd highest now and they have some pretty low fees.

I'm still happy using finex and okcoin however, I think I'm a margin junkie.

>> No.661937
File: 40 KB, 875x568, Stages_of_a_bubble.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's kind of scary how closely the price of Bitcoin matches this.

>> No.663694
File: 126 KB, 1139x370, to the mooooon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's going to start going up soon, guys.
aaaaany moment now...

>> No.664222

>>663694
wait for it...
it'll happen soon.
Just got to, hold onto this bag a little while longer...

>> No.664543

>>664222
In a couple weeks in March bitcoin will either skyrocket or crash. I'm going to be turning on a system which I've been working on for 1.5 yrs, if it works I'll be rich and raise btc price. If it fails it could collapse the whole protocol.

Hold on to yer butts.