[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 46 KB, 524x484, 1513283280796.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6570386 No.6570386 [Reply] [Original]

How stupid am I for wanting to buy a CNC mill and start producing parts for retail on online stores like amazon, brownells, ebay, etc.?

I have other supporting machine tools for the process and know how to use them--but why if it seems such a simple thing for me is it not completely saturated?

Is the simple cost of entry of around $30k just too high for most competition, or am I overlooking something that will completely ruin the plan?

>> No.6570444

>>6570386
dead fucking shitcoin, hasn't been updated in weeks pajeet.

>> No.6570480

>>6570444
Yeah this isn't a shill or anything...

>> No.6570736

>>6570386
Bump. I have pretty much the exact same plan, im just more interested in industrial contracts with mom and pop shops.

>> No.6570826

>>6570386
Use excel and figure out how much time/materials/loss you will actually have to do this. Include your time and put a price on all of these.

This is basic busines - if you can turn a profit, you are probably doing it right but understand that you are likely underestimating the time aspect of this equation.

>> No.6571047

>>6570826
Actually I'm mostly under-employed, working from home doing online stuff, tutoring and re-selling items on amazon and ebay.

I have the time, perhaps the output won't be enough to quickly pay off the machinery. Are there any good tools for gauging demand for a product or category of products?

>> No.6571104

>>6570736
For some reason retail appeals to me, I think mostly because it's less stressful.

Where does one even find the work local businesses need done?

>> No.6571236

Getting into supply chain isn't easy man. You don't just buy a little shop and start making parts for larger manufacturers/companies.

t. interested NEET

>> No.6571405

>>6570386
We're in the same boat nibba
> but why if it seems such a simple thing for me is it not completely saturated?
It is, the cnc game is a throat cut game.
Your only chance unless you want to grind your teeth to the root is to find a niche set of tools or objects to machine and sell.
This wouldn't be much different from having them made by somebody else and selling them tho.

>> No.6571510

Looking into the paintball gun market. ALOT of people in the niche would like their guns custom CNC’d. There hasn’t been anyone in 16 years that can do the custom work. Serious cash can be made in this niche market.

Need a few forums to start asking away? PbNation.com is a start.

Feel free to thank me now for the free easy $ advice.

>> No.6571723

>>6571236
Does it count as supply chain if my customers are individuals?

>> No.6572180

>>6570386
>target very unique niche
>build rapport with client base
>dump heavily into marketing first 6 month
>find local biz to oursource huge orders that you cant fulfill

i run sweatshop