[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 59 KB, 640x960, 41278124.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
646170 No.646170 [Reply] [Original]

Ok guys, so I'm starting a promotions company...

I've been running all my ideas through /biz/ to edit, and I'm at the point where I'm going to hire people to walk into businesses and ask how the manager/owner how he promotes his business (don't worry I edited a god tier speech for that ).

But that's where I'm stuck (LAST PART BEFORE I'M READY TO DO THIS ON MY OWN), I need to figure out at least 10 questions my employee can ask the manager, to get him talking about how he promotes his business....So far I have:

1. What is your Internet presence?

2. What is your marketing and promotions budget?

3.What is your current marketing strategy?

4. Who is your target demographics?

5. How does your branding set you apart from your competitors?

6. Are you meeting your yearly revenue profits goals?

7. Is there a target demographic that you haven't reached acquired yet?

....So not only do I need two more, but I likely need input on my existing questions, you know.

>> No.646176

>>646170
This looks like homework.

Why would the manager speek to your employees at all if they just walk in? Why dont you just do it yourself?
If you have a valid business model, you should already know what kind of infomation you need.

>> No.646190

>>646176
>Why would the manager speek to your employees at all if they just walk in?

They'd cold call first witg a god tier speech I crafted with /biz /

I'm busy and there's a hundred different businesses

>> No.646219

>>646176
no, it's just a retard that's known around these parts as riley.

>> No.646229

>>646219
Yeah but I'm 90% rready to hire guys gonna interview people this sundsy, boi.

>> No.646230

>>646170
I'd have so much more respect for you if your business acumen wasn't made up of piecemeal phrases you heard from Hollywood business rooms.

You have ambition, but your square wheeled wagon is going nowhere. I'm the sales fag that keeps telling you this. You don't need employees, you need to learn how to sell. You also need a cogent business plan. You have neither.

Please just rework this whole thing, you jagaloon.

>> No.646241
File: 50 KB, 500x500, 41279014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>646230
Okay hey now hold on hold on, I see where you're coming from, however I think you'd have a tad - TAD - bit more of an understanding if you knew where I'm currently at...

Craigslist ad: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/sls/4876477642.html

Google Doc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-KOWE4T-U5fCV0yxukRgAQxIl9mMfspB9o6lnkUu354/edit?usp=docslist_api

Cold calling script: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vFlKAxcdr353bINSg9J3EYNh1qoQYYjcTbyyTRyL_f8/edit?usp=docslist_api

List of businesses: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAFALX-xjyKYTZiRmljamxsZ3M/edit?usp=docslist_api

I'm in the process of paying some guy right now to give me a small list of the most pitenrionaly profitable businesses to start promoting first from thag mega list by the eay. Should be done by tomorrow.

By Sunday, I'm going to get workers to go to those businesses. ...

....it's just, I need to finalize my list of questions that I'll employees ask the business managers, you know

Halp /biz/

>> No.646251

>>646241
Why do you feel the need to get employees? And that ad is shit. The talent you attract is going to be garbage. Once again, you're just talking in circles. You are indeed selling something, Riley. You're selling a service whether you realize it or not.

Telling a business owner that you're an advertising agency but aren't selling anything won't help. All it does is put them on guard and make your services look both worthless and dishonest. Do you know what I, and most businesses, hear when the phrase, "I'll work for free." is uttered?

>My services are so poor literally nobody will buy them

"I'm not letting you use my business to learn how to market" is probably going to be your most common reply.

Pump the brakes, and go hit the streets yourself. I want you to pitch this yourself so you realize just how abysmal it is before you have people expecting to pay you.

Side notes: Your script is trash. Like I said, no salesmanship. And don't put a selfie on your job listing. The fuck is up with that?

>> No.646301

>>646241
>http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/sls/4876477642.html

why the faggy face fag McGee? Did you just noticed your out of lube? On more serious note its good people like you exist, they make me feel better about my self and relax me. good luck makreting it up cuz

>> No.646358

>>646301
Riley, I just looked at your mission statement. Mission statements don't use contractions.

>> No.646396

>>646251
I wanted to include a face shot, phone and email to put everybody at ease that it wasn't a scam, you know.

Anyway I'll edit your suggestions into my idea - noted

>> No.646399

But yeah BUMP.

I need at least just two final questions to ask a manager, but also if anybody can edit the existing questions as well, or offer criticism to them

>> No.646404

>>646170
Your cold calling script is shit. I suggest you hire some employees with some sales experience.
Your mission statement is a vague general blanket and gives nobody any confidence in your "plan"(employees would be clueless and so would the client)
Your craigslist ad screams of 18, year old girl who recently discovered snapchat.
Initial impression was, I can't take a proper picture but I can totally run a business guys. If it was a legitimate logo with decals you would attract decent employees, you're going to encounter niggers and retards, your potential clients will think this is a scam.
Your list of businesses is shit because organized by names and sectors, but didn't include location, number. Name of manager or anything else. You could be much more effective if you just go to busiest street in your town and do door to door.

Finally you don't possess any value to the company. You are giving everything youbworked for to some salesman stud who actually has a brain and some determination and he will just do it on his own. Without you.
I swear I saw this threads like before new years and if that's all you managed to do within 2 months you should consider applying for McDonalds.

You are starting to piss me off, I'm going to steal your idea and show you how to do it properly within a week.

>> No.646417
File: 84 KB, 550x453, 37276430.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.646420

>>646404
>You are starting to piss me off, I'm going to steal your idea and show you how to do it properly within a week.
kek

do it. if you do i guess riley will go back to promoting white male/latino female couples.

>> No.646422

>>646420
Hey man that'll start once I get rich off this idea

>> No.646429
File: 8 KB, 500x450, 56239898.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All I need is help editing my questions to ask and I'll be able to prove all you guys wrong

>> No.646438
File: 383 KB, 640x647, 40756177.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>646429

>> No.646459

>3, 4, 5, 7
They will most likely have no idea what to tell you.

>2, 6
They will feel very uncomfortable about these topics.

You shouldn't approach your target audience with such hardcore questions. If you want to get warm with them, inform yourself what their current promotion is like. And compare it to their competitors. Then you can approach them with "your promotion only directs to... Have you considered... I can help you increase your audience by XX within a month."

Focus on less companies. Do more by yourself. Start low level. Expect to achieve nothing. Get references.

Good luck.

>> No.646536

>>646429
>You just need to do all my work for me. Then I'll show you who's smarter

Where do you fall on the autism spectrum, pal?

>> No.646557
File: 91 KB, 570x490, 41361087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any more input?

>> No.646586
File: 80 KB, 520x750, 37273583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>646557

>> No.647301

Bump

>> No.647312

>>647301
Fuck you, Riley.

If you can name a service that lets me record voice via mobile platform, I'll show you how to set up a meeting and actually cold call someone.

You don't need to be in person to ask your 10 questions, either. Don't know why you think you should.

Sales fag here.