[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 61 KB, 604x499, 8fc47e57da13b3cdb9443d6714c79d3c2270640a6290c8938ead73c1cd99b8b3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
638388 No.638388 [Reply] [Original]

As a uni student majoring in finance, what should i get a career in if I'd like to be traveling to and from the USA and Mexico? I know Mexico's economy is growing but it will certainly never reach 1st world status.

Also any online tests or quizzes to help me figure out what I should do with a finance degree?

>> No.638421

>>638388
bump

>> No.638531

>>638388
bump

>> No.639358

>>638388
bump

>> No.639477

>>638388
Do you mean a part of the job is to fly between USA and Mexico?

>> No.639483

Drug mule.

>> No.639488

drug smuggling

>> No.639505

>>638388
Ok fine I'll bite even though the question is unanswered. Not your fault, just my impatient personality.

First of all, you need to think of industries that need a FINANCIAL POSITION if traveling is something you want in your job. You have obvious industries and sectors like government, tourist, and others. there are tons of finance jobs like accounting, auditing, corporate finance, wealth management and other jobs in these sectors. The only problem is, financial positions are rare per company (at most ~10-15 people in the financial branch of a company), so you'll need to find a large amount of companies that both need a financial worker and that offer this traveling benefit.

My question is this: Why do you need to travel to Mexico for working purposes? I understand you believe that the Mexican Economy is growing, but you could enjoy that boom in the US or wherever you're studying.

Basically, you don't NEED to be in Mexico to reap the benefits of a growing mexican economy. Why don't you just invest in Mexican stocks? Find yourself a job at an Investment Bank / accounting firm / price wealth management firm that handles money from Mexico. I myself am a finance major in college and I know someone who is in JP Morgan S&T because he wanted to specialize in German companies.

You don't NEED to go to Mexico to succeed from mexican businesses. Just save enough money from a job and then travel to Mexico for fun. Hell, you could work for a hedge fund that deals with mexican IPOs, M&As, and asset management projects and then persuade one of the companies to let you in as a VP of finance.

>> No.639664

>>638388
bump

>> No.639778

>>638388

Do you speak Spanish? If not, you should start learning fast.

I would target Mexico city, since that's where all the money is and that is their center of commerce. So look for businesses there to intern, also try studying abroad, network with as many people as possible, just keep hammering people until you can set something up.

You'll likely need to work in Mexico for a year or so, before finding a cool position where you can work with both USA and Mexico in some kind of exporting/importing manufacturing role.

Ask everyone at your college in the business department and spanish department.