[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 64 KB, 840x555, public speaking microphone audience.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
634425 No.634425 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Organizing public events

I have the gift of public speaking and have done it multiple times at business conferences of 500-750 people. The thing is, this was at business conferences put on by the company, so I have no idea how they were orchestrated. I wish to start my own public speaking events for business people. How does one get started? Is it really as simple as booking a conference room at a hotel, making a speech, and putting out ads? What all does it entail to put on a public event if it's just you starting it?

>> No.635489

Bump

>> No.635522

>>634425
Why don't you contact the people in your company that put on the events?
Contact other speakers and have them do their own network advertising

What does a business conference entail? What do you plan on talking about

>> No.636262

>>635522
I left on bad terms and $15K in debt to my last company. Contacting their headquarters office would reopen that huge can of worms.

I do have friends on Facebook that do it and I will now be contacting. Would still love the input of other anons from those who can.

>> No.636325

>>636262
I was the only one to answer your question, I'd like an answer to mine

What does a business conference entail?
What have you talked about in the past?
What would you be talking about?

>> No.636332
File: 14 KB, 251x242, 1422603485638.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>634425
>on 4chan
>gifted with public speaking

pick one

>> No.636355

>>636325
YES MA'AM!
>What does a business conference entail?
Business conference: A big group of people dressed business professional or business casual sitting in seats listening to someone speak at a pulpit/microphone. They are ready to listen and most are taking notes. They are there to learn and the speak knows what they're talking about.
>What have you talked about in the past?
In the past I have talked about business related things like hiring, management, how to get referrals, large orders, etc. My specialty was financial preparation for opening an office and how to minimize costs to maximize potential.
>What would you be talking about?
I want to travel the nation and do talks about preparing for economic downturn, though I'd have more luck advertising it as a zombie survival class. I want to talk about what people can be doing NOW to give them a massive advantage in case crap hits the fan and goes everywhere. My focus is not on why or when the nation would fall, and none of that conspiracy theory bullshit, but rather how to prepare if the USD falls. What will happen first, what to stock up on now (btw, it's NOT guns and gold), how to defend yourself, and even how to monopolize on the opportunity and potential become the next Rockefellers.

>> No.636378

>>636355
You should start off by looking for other conferences, offering to speak and growing your contacts along the way (specifically with the people running the events)
I've heard some have raffles where you put your business card in a bowl. 1. Try to get these cards, 2. Be sure to feature this in your events down the road, maybe make a contact database just to do it

Hire a video crew if there isn't one and be sure to tell people the YT account you run where they can find select videos (save them all, only put a few up)

Probably a good idea to have drinks with people from the event afterwards

>> No.636385

>>636378
>You should start off by looking for other conferences, offering to speak and growing your contacts along the way (specifically with the people running the events)
>I've heard some have raffles where you put your business card in a bowl. 1. Try to get these cards, 2. Be sure to feature this in your events down the road, maybe make a contact database just to do it
Good idea. There are probably other events out there being held right now that probably need more speakers and not many want to talk about the practical side of it compared to the conspiracy theory nuts. I will look into this.
Thank you, anon.

>> No.636400

>>636355
Why isn't it guns and food and shelter anon?

>> No.636425

>>636400
The most sought after items are going to be medicine, hygienic supplies, and food. Don't collect guns, collect ammo--use it to trade for food. Stock up on wrapped toilet paper and hydrogen peroxide. Plant apple trees and learn how to cook from scratch.

>> No.636431

>>636400
Vanity items like gold and silver will be absolutely worthless.

Look at what happened in Zimbabwe.

>> No.636459

>>636425
Good point I need to get all of that someday. But yeah forget gold the point is that you have everything you need to survive so you shouldn't have to be trading for things.

>> No.636463

>>636425
You got a way to hoard medicine? There's a lot of essentials, you would want drugs for any ailments not just the ones you have right now. But you can't get scripts right now for any ailment. And then the drugs will expire after a few years anyway...

>> No.637754

>>636463
The first people to go will be the ones with Type 1 diabetes and mental illnesses/extreme pain situations. It's true that most drugs expire in a few years, but those types of people won't be alive in a few years due to lack of access of their medication. Collect all the insulin and adderall you can now--it'll help the loved ones get to see them that much longer before they pass or become someone completely different that they don't want to be around any more.

As sad as this is and harsh as it may sound, it is beneficial to you to collect these kinds of meds. Trade them for food and soap and stuff that you forgot about.