[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 12 KB, 333x187, pepe_business.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6333509 No.6333509 [Reply] [Original]

Is profit sharing a good way to incentivize employees? Not expecting a bottom 10% worker to suddenly become a worker-god, but enough to align interests and ensure they do good work?

>> No.6333572

Nice just bought 100k

>> No.6333649

>>6333509
No idea. If they don't have shitty work morale it might not do much, but I'm sure it causes a spike in productivity, partly permanent I'd assume.

Note that I'm just trying to reflect my current situation to this, we were proposed a share at some point but it didn't go through.

>> No.6334255
File: 1.05 MB, 1223x1920, 1514994802114.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6333509
Yes, it does. But a shitty worker is going to still remain a subpar worker. You cant force them to take advantage of incentivization of a job/role.

If they just want that IV of cash dripping in every pay period, they wont perform better.

Basically you keep the people that thrive and toss the people who do the absolute minimum.

The idea of bonuses and commission is literally one of the most under utilized strategies in modern business. And its because the potatoes pushed it to hard years ago, you could not step foot in any store or business that used salesmanship without instantly wanting to leave because they would outright try to rip you off and make short term profits and were trained to do so.

So now no one wants to do it because it has a bad rap with boomers and older generations. They think such strategies lowers the quality of advice/conseltation you recieve by making it all about pushing the best profit margins, not the best deal to match their budgets.