[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.03 MB, 320x320, Boing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6294223 No.6294223 [Reply] [Original]

>be me
>hear about interesting ICO coming up in a few days
>do research, seems legit
>literally nothing on /biz/
>every time I even mention it in any thread everyone tells me to shut up
I'm confused as fuck, either the ICO is shit and they're trying to warn me not to invest, or it's really strong and they're trying to keep everyone else from buying. Is this a normal /biz/ reaction?

>inb4 newfag

>> No.6294389

Which ICO? Usually it's in people's best interests to keep ICOS they're invested in under wraps, for example if remaining tokens are burned at the end of the public sale then the circulating supply will be lower once it hits exchanges.

>> No.6294498

>>6294223
/biz/ is a weird place... people aren't really conspiring for your benefit here. They just hope to convince suckers to buy their bags and pump prices.

>> No.6294503

>>6294389
At the risk of being reported and banned again I don't want to say, I just got unbanned today

That makes sense though. I'm leaning towards option 2.

>> No.6294657
File: 134 KB, 640x639, Marvelous.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6294498
It seems like a weird combination of people genuinely trying to help each other, people secretly trying to screw each other, and people blatantly trying to screw each other.

Granted I'm a /pol/ oldfag so this isn't really anything new, just trying to get a jumpstart on recognizing the shills.

>> No.6294989

>>6294657
Yeah there are some people open for genuine discussion and giving tips of what they notice, what the market doesn't notice.

But most of it is just people shilling scams, scam ICOs, Pump N Dumps etc..

90% of the people here are only after suckers to make a profit on and don't care about the consequences for these people who invest money. It happened to me a few times aswell where someone said to buy this or that because its on ED for example but it turns out to be just a scam and the OP wants to unload his bags

>> No.6295086

>>6294223
tell me the name of this ico pls
apathy@tfwno.gf (legit mail)

>> No.6295690

>>6294989
So if someone doesn't want you to discuss an ICO it's reasonable to assume it's legit?

>> No.6296443

>>6294503
>getting banned for talking about an ICO
Why would you do that? Go on the internet and lie to people? Kill yourself, troll.