[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.48 MB, 480x274, burn_it.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
629161 No.629161 [Reply] [Original]

Considering investing all of my savings ($15,000 pls no bully I'm 19) in Intel stock on etrade

Why shouldn't I?

>> No.629166

>>629161

because you'd be putting all of your eggs in one basket

buy no fee index fund ETFs and enjoy your 8%+, guaranteed.

>> No.629167

>>629161
because AMD is more a more versatile chip manufacturer, and is already starting to blow Intel out of the water.

>> No.629168

>>629161
It only depends on a risk you are able to take, one more thing, this most definitely is not a long term investment I guess, otherwise, you should diversify or invest into older stable company with growing dividends. Look how they did after every crisis, there are many who are doing well and grow for decades. If you are good with the risk, go on and invest it all. As far as I can see, Intel will be here in next five years, so the possibility of losing it all is zero (on cash account).

>> No.629170

>>629166
>buy no fee index fund ETFs and enjoy your 8%+, guaranteed.
where? I have a scottrade acct

>> No.629176

At age 19, you have time to watch the market. There is no need to jump in face first by investing everything in intel.

>> No.629179

>>629167
>AMD
>blow intel out of the water

So are you delusional or retarded or both

>> No.629182

>>629166
>>629168
>>629176
Thanks for the advice

I'll look into diversification and long term stocks as well, but it's comforting to know that Intel isn't considered a dangerous or bad stock at the moment

>> No.629190

>>629179
fanboyism has no place in real stock trading, kid

>> No.629191

>>629182

Honestly I would look into natural resources, wait for oil to bottom out, and invest in integrated resource companies. This means the company does more than just oil, such as HSE.TO who does natural gas aswell.

Find a resource company such as the one I suggested with strong financials and you can't really go wrong in the next 20 years.

>> No.629203

>>629190
Didn't mean to come off as a bitch

But really, look at AMD's marketing, performance, and products. I just know as someone who likes computers Intel is considered the superior company

>> No.629210

>>629203
> marketing
sucks. absolute dick
but even Samsung was able to find out their right approach to enter to their target market.

Their products are finally getting an edge on Intel, and pretty soon it looks like Intel will be stuck behind. AMD is the right investment. Intel has done very well in the past, don't get me wrong. but now it's AMD's time to shine. Plus they are getting bigger into CPUs and microcontrollers, which is awesome

>> No.629220

>>629161

what is amd gonna do when Intel rolls out its coprocessor technologies into the host market? They have virtually no edge in high performance many-cores, and that's the direction it's gonna go by all looks because consumers are too reluctant to adopt radically new paradigms from different architectures that don't work so good with old software.

>> No.629223

Fuck

>>629167
you, you read this:>>629220

op ignore that

>> No.629245

>>629161
>all of my savings

You need some money left out for emergencies so investing everything could bite you later. Sometimes your car breaks down or you have a pipe break in your house. You should have a few thousand set aside to pay for unforeseen circumstances so you can pay for them and not put them on credit. I would keep 3-5k at the ready for just in case emergencies. If you have it invested it could take 3 or more days to get it back out when you need it.

>> No.629250

>>629170
VOO, but it's only commission free with vanguard.

>> No.629257

>>629250
Total market>S&P 500
But VTI instead.

>> No.629272

Just put a few hundred in Intel and watch for a while. Read their earning statements and news regarding them for a few months. Invest more if you're comfortable.

You learn more investing one dollar and following it than all the reading in the world.

I made 12k in three years after investing 500 a month for a total of 30k. There are better investors than me on biz but about 60% gain in the years is pretty good. I started off buying one share in Wells Fargo.

>> No.629274

>>629167
rofl what a shitty post

>> No.629277

>>629182
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

>> No.629278

>>629161

Intel is +50% in the past year, bad time to buy

>> No.629314

>>629277
>How essays get written.

>> No.629316

>>629277
I kek'd at this pasta
Nice work anon