[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 18 KB, 400x400, Spu2tiVm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6201261 No.6201261 [Reply] [Original]

ASX General thread: I told you all about $AVZ edition

In future I thought I'd begin making these threads every Friday at 5PM AEST from now on.

How has the market been treating you so far? What are your 2018 picks and why?

>> No.6201613

bump

>> No.6202090

South32 and BHP look like solid long term holds. They dipped a little today though.

>> No.6202598

>>6202090
With mining picking up in 2018 you could definitely be right.

Whether it's Iron Ore, Lithium, Cobalt etc. that you want exposure to is what's tricky, I've had my eye on S32 for a while.

Looks like that guy who used to post who got stuck with MLS got a bit of relief today too.

>> No.6202679

>>6202598
Yeah dude. Solid stuff, S32 is great, cheap too. I would have gotten into Rio Tinto if their shares weren't so pricy.

>> No.6202794

Get in NOV before they release their quarterly update at EOM

Payments system partnered with Stellar (XLM) and therefore most likely some IBM relation this year

Also got their foot in the Asian market with full Blockchain compatability

Their September 2017 update saw their share price moon

Should be a good year for NOV

>> No.6202870

>>6202794
redpill me on NOV, are they just another backdoor crypto listing to try and cash in on the hype?

>> No.6203110

>>6202870
From what I can tell they’ve been around for a while and in the last year have diverged into Blockchain

Go on their website and check out what they do, definitely look promising. experienced and knowledgable

>> No.6203229

>>6202794
>Get in NOV before they release their quarterly update at EOM
Thanks for the tip.

>>6201261
HSO

>> No.6203371
File: 157 KB, 638x468, screenshot (3).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

doesn't look too bad, i'd wait for a dip though before going in

what platform do you boys use for asx shares? i would need one that preferably had mt4, ninja trader or c trader

>> No.6203384

>put off buying Auscann at 70c
>the next day it moons
>ok I'll buy the correction tomorrow
>moons again
>keeps mooning

Fuck, I guess I've missed the boat on this one. It dipped a little today but I'm really not prepared to buy it this close to ATH

>> No.6203540

>>6203371
Drilling announcement should come soon, lot of boomers on Hotcopper probably only realizing the sheer size of the Lithium reserves. Buying upon open tomorrow and selling before the announcement drops either next week or the week after should be near risk-less profit.

>>6203229
What do you like about HSO relative to Ramsay? I drove past their Northern Beaches hospital and it seems to be coming along well, always struck me as a bit out of the way though although it is definitely in an under-serviced area.

>> No.6203585

>>6203384
Auscann is the pick of the Aussie pot stocks I reckon, I wouldn't buy either as it doesn't seem like they have much news in the pipeline coming up from what I've seen.

>> No.6203603

Bought MLS @ 11 during its peak hype and held all this time. Nice to see a few big days of green. Making huge gains in cypto helped me hold it all this time.
I also got fucked by GCM and have been holding that for over a year now. Same as above, crypto gains meant im in no rush to sell.

Thankfully I bought GXY @ $1.20 and sold at $2.70 (had to) so that made me feel a bit better.

>> No.6203766

>>6203603
Good to hear you did well with GXY and crypto.

I've found with a lot of those mining microcaps it's normally a really bad idea to sell, I remember with RMX which was shilled here once or twice they had a few big green days that you could have offloaded. Helps to just hodl and pray for them to take on a new project rather than rage selling.

Also really useful to claim as a CGT offset too for tax purposes. I know someone who said that they had a client who had accured tens of thousands of potential CGT deductions they could claim against their gains that they hadn't for years and years on end because they simply didn't know you could.

>> No.6203871

The only thing I don’t like about NOV is their lack of social presence and communication.

Site is outdated, documents are old, Twitter account is inactive, etc

>> No.6204176

>>6203871
Could be a good thing (Focusing on their core competencies, not wasting time having one of their employees shitposting all day like on state police facebook pages) could be laziness and sign of shitty management. Who knows.

How long have you been in NOV and what do you believe to be fair value?