[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 195 KB, 315x476, 1420505588697.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
616078 No.616078 [Reply] [Original]

What's your major /biz/?
I am thinking of going into marketing, but I am not sure if that the best choice to make.

>> No.616149
File: 90 KB, 480x640, 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

biochemistry

>> No.616154

>>616149
fuck off supermong you don't belong here (that's not to say you shouldn't fuck off from /fit/ too you compulsive lying, quasimodo-looking, cockfaced faggot)

>> No.616276

>>616149
fucking hell i saw so many pics of supermong i can't tell anymore what's photoshopped and what's not

>> No.616312

Can't help, anon.

I only graduated high school and can't afford college at the moment.

>> No.616359

>>616078
philosophy

fuck this pragmatist bullshit. if you have it in you, it doesnt matter what you are studying

>> No.616366

I already posted in this thread but hell, I'll bite

Should I get a master's degree in Engineering Physics or Robotic engineering?

Both sounds cool although engineering physics definitely sounds a bit more appealing. I'm just worried about the job market for that degree (Robotic engineers here in norway is a very undersaturated market with tons of demand, most beginner salaries are around $100,000 starting and can easily get up into minimum the $150,000 range after 5 years). Also I plan on probably getting a PhD or double master's because
1.) I'm doing good in uni so far (freshman)
2.) I have the motivation
3.) I skipped a year in elementary so I have a "bonus" year

>> No.616395

>>616078
step 1:research jobs
step 2: pick the major those jobs want
step 3: make sure do find a way to get the BS experience they want (clubs, internships,etc)

Unemployed accounting major here, major is important but dont count on it being a free ride like it used to be. Parents are pissed at me even though they never pushed me to do an internship because it was kind of unheard of in their day since they both got jobs right out of college with no experience.

Ive started blatantly liyng on my resume about experience. I basically created tax and accounting problems that I have "solved" for individual clients (my brother and friends) so atleast I can talk about it with some intellegence because honestly, I feel like most real internships dont give you much real knowledge anyways.

>> No.616399

>>616366
Dude, stop with the "avg engineer salary 6 figures starting out". Those dont exist in reality. I know plenty of chemeys from college which have had a bitch of a time finding any relevant work when chemical engineering was supposed to be one of those 100k starting jobs.

>> No.616411

>>616399
no, seriously, I know several people who took that same master's and have those salaries. Not even kidding.

Also norwegian salaries are very high to match the high cost of living, I'd say a $100,000 in norway would match an $80,000 salary in the US in terms of buying power.

>> No.616426

>>616411
>I hope you "know" those people those people know. Keep in mind to make 100k, an employer has to think you can make them 200k. Most entry level guys arent worth so much these days.

And yea masters in engineering maybe. But still what does a masters in engineering do that a B.S cant? Its not like Its a B.S in accounting vs CPA.

>> No.616455

Majoring in computer science, minoring in physics
I'll get my bachelors in 6 or 7 semester (3 semesters in right now), then apply for jobs in the commercial spaceflight industry or grad school.

I expect to start maybe 60k if I get a job right out of school, closer to 90k out of grad school. I dunno.

>> No.616467

Journalism, finished in one semester. Meh, I'll probably go for an economics degree next and try to do something in the media management or PR direction

>> No.616845

>>616467
Do you think you will be able to find work with what you're majoring in?

>> No.616846

>>616359
What do you do for a living?

>> No.616907

>>616395
>Parents are pissed at me even though they never pushed me to do an internship

and they shouldn't have to, it was your responsibility to assess whether or not you needed one and look for opportunities regardless.