[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 83 KB, 241x228, 1367013221365.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
610255 No.610255 [Reply] [Original]

Tips to calm interview nervousness? I have an interview at Office Depot tomorrow morning, my first actual interview ever actually, and I'm nervous as fuck. I really need a job so I don't want to blow it. I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight

>> No.610256

Also what should I do when I get there? Just find anyone that works and ask for the manager and let them know I have an interview?

>> No.610258

>>610255
Take a shot before you go in.
>talk yourself up
This actually does work believe it or not
Just try to remember he's a normal guy just like you.
I would say practice will help you get more comfortable but you obviously have no time for that.

>> No.610264

>>610256
Dude don't overthink it. If you are really freaking out about who you will ask about where to interview than you need to take some deep breaths and relax. Be yourself, be confident in what you say, maintain eye contact. No interview is the end of the world.

When I did my first rounds of interviews I just did everything to keep my mind off of it, watch your favorite shows, eat your favorite food, hang out with a friend, anything that keeps you from your own nerve racking thoughts

>> No.610265

>>610255

get baked
i know a dude who got a job at merril lynch after he showed up to the interview stoned as fuck
for real ok maybe not really but still

>> No.610270

>>610256
Leave early enough to arrive 15 minutes before the interview. It'll calm your nerves.

>Also what should I do when I get there? Just find anyone that works and ask for the manager and let them know I have an interview?

>"Hello how are you?"

>.."I'm anon, I have an interview with the manager is he around?"

>> No.610342

>>610255
Just relax and play some videogames or something. If the job you're interviewing for was a bit more technical, I would've suggested that you get some light review in and maybe look through some common interview questions, but you probably have this in the bag.

>> No.610345

ashwagandha

>> No.610347

Make sure you dress nice/ironed/clean.
Sit up straight, no gum, etc..
Relax a bit. No one wants to hire a fucking nervous autist, especially for a customer service position. Just remember that the interviewer is just another person like you and that you're not going to die if you don't get this job.
Research the company a little bit. Like know the date it started, who the CEO is, how many stores there are in the world and incorporate that stuff into your answers. Show them that you actually care about the company (even if you don't).
Practice some interview questions/answers but don't memorize...you want to come off in a conversational tone...not like you're stuttering out memorized answers.
Smile, look him in the eyes and just try to project some general confidence.
Don't be such a stiff when you're there...you're allowed to laugh or small talk in the beginning ("crazy weather today, huh?").

Good luck.

>> No.610350

>>610347
One more thing. Ask 2-3 questions at the end. They should be about the company or how you can grow with the company.

>Is there an opportunity for growth?
>What do you like best and worst about working for Office Depot?
>Can you describe the company culture?

That type of thing. But make sure you don't ask about something that's already be talked about during the interview. So have a number of different questions lined up to ask.

>> No.610352

Thanks for all the help guys. I sincerely appreciate it