[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 914 KB, 800x800, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6093186 No.6093186 [Reply] [Original]

/biz/ brainlet thread
/sqt/ Stupid questions thread

What is blockchain?

What is smart contracts?

How do you know if /biz/ posters are trying to help you get rich or just trying you so they can sell their coins?

How do you know if a join is real or a scam? They all have fancy websites and have all sorts of confusing words...

Why is holding better than selling and buying dips?

How come my Delta says I've gained money when I've lost ETH on an alt coin?

Why is ETH's symbol 三 when used to denote 1/8 of an Ether? How do you pronounce it ETH or san?

How do you start seeing things in satoshis?

>> No.6093690

How do you cash out if there's a crash?

>> No.6094258
File: 82 KB, 900x900, makifes2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6093690
You can't cash out imaginary web tulips. What the fuck are you smoking?

>> No.6094468

Assume everything is a scam. Biz posters aren't your friends either. They just wanna use you.

>> No.6094568
File: 99 KB, 900x900, 1510929110529.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a youtube channel covering those things

https://youtu.be/cnK1E3yZGx0

https://youtu.be/w3sI8WVX-cc

>> No.6095079

>>6093186
\biz is on full retard mode recently, yes.

>> No.6095965

>>6094468
That's a good assumption to make. Because the pink wojacks usually appears just after people are the most optimistic.

Not sure if it's always intentional though. Some people just can't understand how markets work. That anything that goes up always comes down.

>>6093186
> What is blockchain?
Blocks of transactions linked together, the output of one block becomes the input of another

> What is smart contracts?
Turing complete (can do anything a normal computer does) contracts. They are powerful because computers are powerful but not decentralized.

> How do you know if /biz/ posters are trying to help you get rich or just trying you so they can sell their coins?

Well, does it seem like the are genuinely excited about the tech? If yes, they are probably genuine.

> How do you know if a join is real or a scam? They all have fancy websites and have all sorts of confusing words...

I try to look for articles in established economic newspapers. You want a few a those for every coin you invest in. Also try to see what public figures (like Vitalk) are saying about the coins.

> Why is holding better than selling and buying dips?

It's not better. It's just that most people just lose money whenever they day trade because they are too emotional (me included). That is why I make few but effective trades.

> How come my Delta says I've gained money when I've lost ETH on an alt coin?

No idea.

> Why is ETH's symbol 三 when used to denote 1/8 of an Ether? How do you pronounce it ETH or san?

I don't know.

> How do you start seeing things in satoshis?

Think of BTC as the king. The goal here is ultimately to acquire BTC. Because BTC is what is trusted by most people, so, it's the safest investment.