[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 80 KB, 592x415, pepe-the-frog-animated.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6061540 No.6061540 [Reply] [Original]

Okay, I'd greentext this but I have no clue how to do it properly so I'm just gonna plaintext this. I started getting into Crypto when my dad bought 30ish Litecoin in August just to fuck around and see what would happen with it. I started reading into Crypto and thought wow, this shit is intense. I tried telling my dad about other alt-coins but he didn't listen. I was 17 (turned 18 in September) and decided to invest a bit myself. From 2 years of working at McDonalds, I invested $1000 into XRB in mid October and bought in at around $0.15 since I felt like this coin was the one with any potential. I ended up with 6600 XRB. I told my friends to invest too, but they just told me I was a retard for investing in fake money and I just gave $1000 to some ugandan prince or something.

Fast forward to today. My dad refuses to talk to me and told me that I should've convinced him more to buy the coin. My friends don't talk to me because they assume I'm a rich fuck and are jealous I guess? At my peak I had $210,000 as an 18 year old.

No one's happy for me. No one cares. I'm an only child and the only person I felt close to was my dad, but I guess he can't get over the fact that if he listened to me, he'd have close to a half a million dollars right now.

I have no one to talk to. I'm debating on just selling all my coins and not going back in again and just... hoping for a new start in College.

How retarded am I? How retarded is this?

>> No.6061715
File: 1.23 MB, 500x500, retro.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

fuckem

>> No.6061801

Tell them you lost your money

but keep it for the hard times.

>> No.6061895

>>6061801
this. keep investing until you have enough money to move on and forget about them move on with your life and get out of that vicous circle of negativity

>> No.6061957

>>6061540
>No one's happy for me. No one cares
This is the first lesson of success, anon.
People suck in that way.

I also found out early after starting a successful webshop in HS. Lost most of my friends back then

The only solution is finding others that are good at making money. They will understand and not get jelly

>> No.6061981

>>6061801
They will think hes a huge retard and make fun of him. OP just get rich friends lmao

>> No.6062027

>>6061540
welcome to the real world! money can reveal how petty people can be, real fast. Id say cash out enough for you to do something with, maybe 10-20k, keep the rest in crypto, become a millionare and fuck em all.

If they cant get over themselves thats on them, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, its all them! remember that

>> No.6062033

>>6061957
Also you should sell. But not for the normie scums good-will but because we are about to enter a bearmarket.

>> No.6062100

>>6061981
He will have his father back.

I just lost mine, and all the internet money can't bring him back. Family is far more precious than wealth.

>> No.6062273

>>6061540
Tell your dad to stop being bitte and that you tried to tell.

>> No.6062369

>>6061801
I'm kind of the runt of the group. I'd never hear the end of it. I think this relationship is just ruined now.
>>6061895
I think the best thing I can do now is get through my final year of highschool and make friends at college and not tell anyone about my money. I'm thinking about giving my dad like 1000 XRB and just telling him to give me what they were worth in October, but I really feel like this is a horrible thing to do.
>>6061981
Yeah, you're right. Where do I find rich friends? I feel like a /biz/ meetup would be a disaster.
>>6062027
I don't really need the money right now though. I think I'll just keep everything in there. Thank you for your kind words though anon.
>>6062100
I'm sorry for your loss anon.

>> No.6062504
File: 2.57 MB, 2489x1769, 1509572071508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6061981
>OP just get rich friends lmao
How? I feel like I wouldn't fit in at all with any of them.

>> No.6062548

>>6061540

Nobody gives a shit about you, dude. That was true before you had money, and its true now that you do. The difference is that more people will try to use you, if you let them.
You don't deserve attention for winning the lottery (essentially).

210k is not a lot of money, believe it or not. It's not even enough to buy and maintain a decent house in a populated urban area, for example. You can burn through 210k in a few years if you spend it on stupid things, and you will be back at square one.

However, you could secure your future this year if you decide to re-invest a significant portion of your remaining stack into smart projects that are guaranteed to provide excellent returns. Like Eth, because it is the backbone of the altcoin market.

You could even look into the real stock market, or canadian stock market. California just legalized pot and you could buy stock in an expanding legal pot operation. Or something like that in Canada, which did the same thing.

You're burned out and what you really need is some passive income while you focus on becoming a fully functional, independent and not-shitty human being. College isn't necessarily the way to do that unless you feel like you absolutely need a degree in something.

Talk to an accountant even and look into bonds/vanguard fund if you want to stay away from crypto. If you start with even 100k now, compound interest on a medium-risk fund will make you a multi-multi millionaire by 35, and you won't even have to do shit. The stock market is going to be great for another few years unless a coup happens.

Whatever you do, act now.

>> No.6062560

I sincerely hope you cashed out

>> No.6062574

OP don’t give your dad a goddamn cent. He’s clearly a petty, bitter man and all the money in the world won’t fix that. And fuck your fake friends.

Keep investing, build up that stack, and make yourself fully independent. Press forward in college and make real friends who truly care about you (don’t tell them about your crypto tho).

>> No.6062785

Your dad is a fag. What a little bitch.

>> No.6062801

and honestly, stop being such a bitch.

Realize now that 18 year old you doesn't know fucking anything about real life, and that you should endeavor to surround yourself with people that do, and do your best to gain valuable life experience. If you go to college while you already have money (which gives you the capability of making lots more money), you will feel like a total outsider because you will be surrounded by communist and liberal bottom feeders that think finding a $20 in their couch is a reason to celebrate.

If I were you this is what I would do. I would dump 50% of my stack into Eth today, 25% into vechain and icon, and then keep the rest in a savings account. Then I would take that savings account and go travel around the world and have some adventures. It would be a wild ride at 18, and you will grow enormously as a person by interacting with assholes from all over the world. You would, assuming you are white, also be incredibly popular with the ladies and would quickly learn how to handle women.

Just get out there, fuck college. Make some weird friends, go diving, go hiking, do some shit, man. These are your prime years if you let them be, don't waste them in a shitty little state indoctrination plant. Come back in a couple years and when you see your 650k waiting for you, buy and rent some condos out. Forgot college.

You already won the fucking game, bro.

>> No.6062868

>>6062548
Thanks for being realistic with me. Is there anything wrong with keeping my money in XRB? I really feel like it could hit $100 sometime this year. I'd rather keep my money in something that could very well be the future. Not crypto, but the blockchain itself.

And I think I'm pretty good with money. Surprisingly enough $200k isn't phasing me. I haven't cashed out any part of what I made and told myself I'm only cashing out once I made $2m - If I ever get there even. Right now I have stop losses to pull me out when my coins are worth $25k collectively. A 25x return on my investment is fine for me.

>>6062560
Why don't you think XRB will make it?

>> No.6062880

>>6061540
Your dad is a faggot he should be proud of his son being successful. Money makes people dislike you because it breeds jealousy.

Ironically I'd do this >>6061801 and use your gains for college.

>> No.6062895

>>6061540
I think you should cash out a significant chunk of what you made and put it in a safer investment like ETFs. At this point you've already won, so feel good about that. Keep the rest in crypto and make more gains, when XRB crashes tell your dad you lost everything.

You are young and if you're going to college it's the perfect chance to rebuild a network of friends. Keep your monetary gains to yourself and you'll be fine. Your dad needs to get over it, and if he's not a total piece of shit, he will.

>> No.6062912
File: 15 KB, 324x454, images (10).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6061540

>> No.6063023

>>6062801
Taking a gap year is a great idea. I think this guy is offering great advice actually.

>> No.6063033

>>6061540
Never mention your wealth to anyone ever again, it will only make them jealous. Just finish college and enjoy a comfy life.

>> No.6063053

>>6062868
>Why don't you think XRB will make it?
I say you shouldn't sell XRB. You can still make good gains in it.
Maybe sell a little portion, like 10 or 15% to gamble on shitcoins that you think will moon.

>> No.6063091

>>6062868

see >>6062801

I don't care for XRB personally, but if you feel confident in the project then its your money. I highly suggest DIVERSIFYING in some manner, though. This will save you if any one of your coins experiences a terrible crash due to unforeseeable circumstances.

IMO the most valuable thing somebody young and with money could ever possibly do is start making their money work for them as soon as possible. Passive income.

Maybe look into masternodes if you want to stay in the crypto game and generate passive income. Real estate and renting if you want to get out.

I'm being real with you because I think you have an actual chance to secure your future with your actions in the next couple of days, and I think it would be pretty cool for a young guy to do that.

>> No.6063173

>>6062801
This is a really good reply. Thank you. I only really want to go to college to take Computer Science. I'm really iffy about travelling the world and not going to college with just $150k with me in investments. I'm an introverted person, if I ever do travel it'd be to see the world, not really to interact with people, as beta as that sounds. I didn't really mean to come off as being a bitch, I guess I just wasn't ready for the only relationships I have with people to come crashing down on me. Right now I have no one I can really talk to which makes me a bit depressed, but I guess you're right. These are the prime years of my life and I shouldn't spend them sulking about shitty people around me.

>>6062895
All these suggestions to cash out, I'm starting to really consider it now. I've always been planning to cash out enough for my first year at college, but I don't know if I'd do much more. I'm definitely keeping my net worth a secret from anyone I meet in the future.

As for my dad, this is the first time I've seen him like this. All the other times with him he's been an amazing supportive person. I hope I get to have him back.

>> No.6063262
File: 116 KB, 700x934, 1510506712263.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck them all, mate. I'm 19 and I'd be wanking myself senseless if I had the sense to get in early and get 210k. If they are all treating you like shit then they are complete scumbags, they've shown their true colours and the best thing you can do is just move on and keep moneymaxxing, man. You're a legend, bro, don't let people drag you down and try and mess with your success.

>> No.6063361

>>6061981
>>6062504

let's give dis a try guys

https://crypto.dog/
room name: cryptofriens

>> No.6063653

>>6063173
Easy come, easy go. You better have a plan in place. Once you hit sell, this becomes a short-term capital gain, and taxes are due on 4/17. Don't be a fool.

A guy who has only one child, a son, stopped talking to him for a mere $500,000, how nice. Never mix family and business, ever.

>> No.6063760

>>6063173
Do something nice with him, book a vacation with him for example. Maybe buy something he can’t afford but would make him extremely happy, just show him you haven’t forgotten about him.

>> No.6063883

I know I look old fashioned, but here is a serious tip for you

Bring out 50k of that in to some super boring index fund, like SP500. your future self will thank you the crypto money still have a lot of room to grow

>> No.6064256

oh yeah, and pay your taxes, as excruciating as it may be

>> No.6064648

Disregard this advice if you're non-white:

Watch Goodfellas and remember the pink cadillac meme.

NEVER TELL ANYBODY ABOUT YOUR GAINS

It's your own fault, but if what you posted about your dad is the whole truth he is a faggot too