[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 154 KB, 864x864, pepe sylvia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6000598 No.6000598 [Reply] [Original]

Granted only 30 or so at 1+k

Completely overwhelming and I can't remember what half of them are, but 90% of them go up every day and consolidation is too hard.

Who else has this problem?

>> No.6000740

>>6000598
Just sell off the ones that people stopped talking about yesterday, keep or buy back the ones that have gone horizontal. Rinse, repeat.

>> No.6000827

>>6000598
Basket trading crypto is fine anon. Minimize JOOST risk. You can buy the dips and rebalance once some of your coins launch to the moon.

10+ solid coins and a few low caps is ok. Dont go all in on biz shilled scams.

>> No.6001068
File: 54 KB, 402x344, 1514551739023.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

stop hoarding shitcoins is the only advice I can give you OP you aren't gonna make it if you can't control it.

I only hold ETH, ZRX and Salt and already feel overwhelmed thinking about what to do next and shit

>> No.6001435

Thanks for all the advice here.

I basically try to pretend the sub-1k investments don't exist. I should probably put them in a separate portfolio app though because I almost always look.

The real "issue" is once a coin goes up I have to think about it again.

That and I keep coming back to biz and realizing I like a new option.

Majority of holdings are in:

Bitcoin (26%)
Eth (11%)
LTC (7.9%)
RAI, NEM, XRP (each 5-6%)
BAT, VEN, KCS, XLM (3-4%)

So there's a long tail of a bunch of nonsense, almost all of which make money.

Was thinking about how this is possible and a silly analogy dawned on me.

What would happen if the stock market was invented today, but there were only 20 stocks 90% of people were aware of, and maybe another few 100 8% of people were aware of, and the rest only a few % were aware of?

I'd think there'd be gains on almost everything except a few losers for a time as all the money floods in.

Once there is enough competition, or some of the major players get BTFO, there will be breaks put on the market.

Just my thinking. Otherwise I can't make heads or tails of it.

>> No.6001627

>>6001435
Actually OP, this is exactly what you should be doing. Utility theory of money - cash in two bets with equal (unknown probability) is better than cash in one. As others have said put them in a separate portfolio if looking at it is bad for your health.

>> No.6001654

you basically just have a market etf

>> No.6001852

When I have more than like 10 coins in my portfolio I get lazy and stop managing each position, so now I've limited myself to only hold few different coins but to be very careful with each investment