[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 116 KB, 468x494, 4af.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5942575 No.5942575 [Reply] [Original]

I've been noticing a lot of new people becoming interested in crypto - even random shitters I knew in high school asking to how to buy ripple. This, in addition to Binance and others halting registration, shows that the growth of potential investors is growing FAST.

The thing I wonder, is this BAD or only good? What negative effects will this have long time investors? Are these new sign ups going to drag things values down, or only up?

>> No.5942669

>>5942575
more money is good. also, it was the berenstein bears so this is an alternate timeline. jesus was an alien

>ayy lmao

>> No.5942938
File: 228 KB, 1488x996, ripple comp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ripple 101
----------

-The supply is fixed. There's no inflation.

-The current transaction cost for a standard transaction is just 0.00001 XRP.

-The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed.

-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa.

-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare.

-Ripple doesn't use proof-of-work anywhere which requires inflation and/or outrageous fees (as in Bitcoin)

-Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power (currently it's a chinese company called Bitmain). With Ripple, you can run your own validator and setup your own trusted validators list. 10s of non related reputable public and private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., MIT, Microsoft, ..etc), many more keep joining.

-The software is open-source (Stellar was a fork of Ripple).

>> No.5943450
File: 1.62 MB, 2000x1000, split-berenstain-1477592262.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5942669

We're all consumed by the rapples

>> No.5943481

>>5942575
more normies, more money in the market.
Money goes to good traders, bad traders get washed out and burnt <- this is traditional trading.

Crypto: More people, more awareness, more potential moon missions due to easier hypes.
Long term investors can't lock their blockfolio up for 1 year and then come back to gains anymore.
Yes, things will be hyped up to heavens, but lots of projects will also fail due to panic sells and just won't recover.

They are going to drag value up, if you're on the right side - like always.
Also, tell everyone you hate how to buy Ripple.

>> No.5943843

>>5942575
>Berenstain
?

>> No.5944240

>>5942575
Most of the new layman money that's interested in hype and buzzwords will pour into whatever is listed on normiebase. Aside from ETH, I consider everything on normiebase to be tulips. The bubble will pop and most normies (and anons to be honest) will get JUST'd, but there will be a handful of currencies with unique technology that will survive and form the bedrock of a market that will be grander than the peak of the bubble. The parallels to the dotcom boom are obvious.

>> No.5944643

No shit... a nigger walked up to me the other day that I barely knew asking me about Ripple. Ive made a cheesy getting started safe document. That walks them through coinbase - MEW - reddit - 4chan /bix - binance - security - im keeping it on my phone and texting it to people when they ask...
i bet the day traders are having shit fits! All that inexperienced money flooding the exchanges.

>> No.5944750

>nomans invasions has launched

>> No.5944920

>>5943843
STEIN. This world is so fucked.