[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.99 MB, 375x375, 1415231574407.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
593539 No.593539 [Reply] [Original]

I have been walking in about every one to two weeks to this local IT place that I want to work at while I am in school. First time I walked in I talked to the owner for about an hour about various shit and asked him if he was hiring.

He said no, but wanted to interview me anyway, then told me that my knowledge was definitely above average and that he could probably use me, but before Christmas was his slow season and that things picked up after Christmas. Each time I came in he told me to keep bugging him and coming back, so I did.

Today I came in to buy some things and visit since it is after Christmas, but the owner wasn't present. Asked the guy at the counter what the hiring situation might be like and he told me the owner lies to everyone including his family, has a bad habit of stringing people along, and that he and most of the other employees would be laid off soon.

Is it a good idea to keep coming back?

>> No.593543

>>593539
>Asked the guy at the counter what the hiring situation might be like and he told me the owner lies to everyone including his family, has a bad habit of stringing people along, and that he and most of the other employees would be laid off soon.
The employee could be possibly lying to you because he might want less competition against him.

>> No.593550

if the owner has your contact info then stop bugging him.. its like you are 'friend zoned' by the owner

>> No.593644

>>593539
Think of it this way, in this analogy lets pretend you are the "owner".

Now your friend tells you about this girl who wants to ask you to spring formal. Now you already have a girl you were thinking of asking so technically you aren't looking for others. Would you tell your friend no? No you wouldn't, you would check her out first maybe even string her along to test her out - because if shes amazing you would rather go with her.

>> No.593701

>>593539

Employees usually do the right thing and don't have an incentive to fuck over a potential new hire.

I would go direct to the owner one last time via phone or email and just say flat out, "hey I would love to work for you, and I think I have the skills to help your business be more successful, could you give me a shot?"