[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.52 MB, 360x240, happening.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
59277 No.59277[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How should I go about doing freelance programming? I live in the New Orleans area, and while I don't have a degree (currently a student), I'd like to make some extra dosh by doing freelance programming. Is there an easy way to go about doing this? I wouldn't mind being paid under the table seeing as making your own business involves a lot of paperwork. So what is the first plan of action?

>> No.59311

Obviously, I can't do large projects, but I could do quick scripts. Programs for helping small businesses and the such, but I'm not sure how I'd market to them.

>> No.59322

>>59277
Have a portfolio and use that to market your skills. Otherwise, why don't you apply to a contractor agency? Let them do the work for you.

>> No.59319

>>59311
Hint: Technologically inept small businesses do not have a web footprint, hence you will need to do something in person or through contacts.

>> No.59380

>>59322
Can a contractor agency honestly contract me when I have no degree and a very small portfolio (I worked with a few people, but we never made anything that we published to the world).

>>59319
So help them get on the web and maybe implement web solutions so that they can get quick feedback from their customers?

>> No.59509

Bump.