[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 157 KB, 900x593, madman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58642714 No.58642714 [Reply] [Original]

So, first off, semi-third world here, coming with some stable revenue, as the world economy fumbles around.

Whats the best currency to buy into for holding out, and I mean, I know none of them gains value, but which is the one that least devalues?

Currently looking at USD, EUR, CHF, GBP, JPY
Which is the best to hold on to for the following year or so?
And which would be easiest for going into crypto if I choose to?
Both USD and JPY have a bias because I have the need to used them directly, and just fyi, none of these is my native currency, and prospect for the near future in my country is turn into a even worse shithole than any of those countries.

>> No.58642725

>>58642714
Would you need to pay tax on interest? If not then USD is a no-brainer.

>the following year or so?
If this is only for a year then whichever you want, none of them are likely to do anything crazy in just the next year.

>> No.58642746

>>58642725
>Would you need to pay tax on interest?
Why the heck would I need to pay tax on owning a currency, though there are fees for sure, so switching back and forth is not ideal

my end goal is that I'm gonna be needing that JPY as I intend to move there next year or the other
USD is of course the main option, but given that EUR or GBP is a bit more stable and takes a bit of a lag to suffer the fluctuations between my currency and USD.

Getting into crypto is also an option, or maybe something that I can safe investment directly, but who knows, even if JPY starts making a come back.

>> No.58642757

>>58642746
>Why the heck would I need to pay tax on owning a currency
Most countries tax interest as income although there can be a buffer before you have to start paying.

>my end goal is that I'm gonna be needing that JPY as I intend to move there next year or the other
If you're going to be spending in JPY from only a year's time you're overthinking this, just go straight to JPY. It's not likely that any of those currencies will make significant moves against any others in just the next year, but if you already know what currency you're going to want to spend in shortly you'll reduce your volatility by going straight there.

>> No.58642788
File: 34 KB, 704x396, Screenshot_20240616_201749.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58642757
>from only a year's time you're overthinking this,
maybe so but,
>It's not likely that any of those currencies will make significant moves against any others in just the next year
and that's even a fair understatement against my own country's currency on last year and a couple
and considering just how many crisis a growing around the world the tendency is always to get a bit more volatile

but I guess you're right in a sense, that if I intend to spend both dollars and yen, I might as well go directly into them

>> No.58642792
File: 58 KB, 1000x1024, 1710548355468954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bitcoin.

The only power the parasitic oligarchs have is the ability to corrupt the tally board, Money, and now that we have a perfect immortal machine to be our tally board, we no longer need them. We don't need to dethrone them because the throne has no power, we have the power, had it all along, and now that we have the means of true global cellular co-operation mediated through a trustless, stateless, incorruptible fixed unit of account, we can simply...cutout the non-positive sum actors. This is hyperbitcoinization.

It behooves all positive sum economic actors to hold BTC and to acquire as much BTC as possible as BTC is the first, largest, best incorruptible tally board. We can now GUARANTEE positive sum gaming by making use of BTC. As such, we make the world better (more efficient) by increasing BTC's capitalization, so the superorganism Economy, being Economy, will simply pay us to adopt it, to support it, this is why BTC rises in value.

BTC is most valuable as the sole denominator of everything, so will approach Sole Denominator of Everything in-the-limit. Economy wills it.

>> No.58642800

>>58642792
>Bitcoin
I'm honestly seriously considering this as well, and with all the volatility maybe get some into a low hoping a sell a high later on
got any safe exchanges which I can keep them on my own wallet?

>> No.58642815

>>58642800
Keep them on a trezor hardware wallet, buy from kraken, coinbase, or binance depending on location

>> No.58642944

>>58642815
>buy from kraken, coinbase, or binance depending on location
how would that affect any?
probably gonna buy from international Wise account, since I need to get the dollars first

>> No.58643973

>>58642714
Right now? Mid term MXN

>> No.58646005

>>58642714
>Which is the best to hold on to for the following year or so?
BTC

>> No.58646088

>>58642800
>got any safe exchanges which I can keep them on my own wallet?
This is sort of like asking whether NYSE or NASDAQ offer a better leather wallet you can keep your cash in inside your pocket. Ironically, coinbase actually does this - but the actual wallet app you use is largely irrelevant on a technical level; so long as you are the one who holds the passwords (private keys), you are in control of the wallet. You can use many apps to access the same wallet, you can even generate a wallet which no apps have accessed and deposit to that.
As >>58642815 says, buy on one of those exchanges and withdraw to a secure wallet you control. To sell, do the reverse.
It's an overwhelming and complicated process if you're not already a Linux nerd, but take the time to understand the basic principals and you'll be fine. Hope I didn't confuse you further with my dumbed down explanation above.

>> No.58646667

>>58646088
that was exactly the point though, I'm already as Linux nerd, have a bit coin wallet and app from home days
but I've never actually put money into it because my country was practically doing extortion on the rates
now I see that even coinbase works here, so I'm probably gonna try it out,

not sure if it's worth moving to my private wallet though, considering transfer fees

also on another note, got some dollars on Wise too, tho I saw something Wise policy being against crypto?

>> No.58647469

>>58646667
If the tx fee is significant, trade or hold on the exchange until the fee is insignificant. Just don't linger, lest you get Mt Gox'd. It's unironically more likely than you think.

>> No.58647473

>>58642714
Start looking at kas and fun, gonna be much more profitable for you in the long run

>> No.58647481

>>58647469
>lest you get Mt Gox'd
I don't get the reference, qrd?