[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 975 KB, 1024x1024, 1703188866965052.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58469195 No.58469195 [Reply] [Original]

I see affiliate links getting shilled sometimes and I'm curious about them, not because I believe I'd get rich from it, but because it seems to require little time and effort, no risk for a chance at the profit/commission you want, if you make some then it's fine, if not then whatever... but while I look more and more into it, it doesn't seems as straight forward, sure you need an actual site/page to actually post the links, and an actual following would be nice, even if small, so it's even clicked on by anyone. What I'm worried about is, is there any other catch to these?

I've watched some TikToks and seen lots of views on this, some saying they used Pinterest and lost their accounts because of it, things like that, the public perception also seemed to be that it's lots better to do this for digital products/software if you can, instead of physical products overall too.

I think where I mean to get at is... has any of you experimented with this? What's your take? Are there any other major stores besides Amazon for this where it's viable? It seems social media bans these, should you make a website/blog? Which is best/easiest for someone new? I'm interested.