[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 19 KB, 344x327, 1671203580819653.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58467109 No.58467109 [Reply] [Original]

Is there any exchange in the us that lets me buy crypto instantly with a bank account and sent it out and start using it with some fucking bullshit hidden waiting period?

>> No.58467196

>>58467109
no. because thats how the federal law works. you mustve been born after the patriot act or something. just remember to always say "thanks George Bush! I'm glad we are safe from the terrorists!" and sign your prayers with "in the name of the federal reserve, amen"

>> No.58467226

>>58467196
I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this is in 2017

>> No.58467635

Kraken will probably be the quickest major US exchange.

>> No.58467779

>>58467226
if it wasnt for you then you simply got lucky. with coinbase back when they launched, even using a credit card i sometimes had to wait for a day for an order to fill (and they would give me a different rate than I clicked buy at, or sometimes just cancel the transaction). you're never going to get instant buying with a bank account because 1) they are concerned with kyc/aml compliants and 2) you are using a disputable reversable transaction to purchase money which cannot be clawed back or seized. if you want it to be instant then the cash must already be deposited. bank transfers are not instant.
if you can do wire transfers, they can be significantly faster, and they are typically considered more trustworthy. but it still will not be instant and the time will be variable.
the closest thing to instant i ever saw was when virwox let you buy bitcoin with secondlife money. you could buy secondlife lindons in the form of gift cards at a gas station or grocery store, then immediately use the gift card and buy bitcoin. instant irreversible transaction. the downside was you paid at least 20% more in fees and bad exchange rate. that was 12 years ago. maybe something similar but cheaper exists now?

>> No.58468221

>>58467779
>you are using a reversable transaction to purchase money which cannot be clawed back
This is the correct answer. Tradfi banking has to make sure the USD you sent actually belongs to you.