[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 241x209, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58443015 No.58443015 [Reply] [Original]

>Live a pretty good life in a country I like
>Have gf that wants to start a family
>Stable job with an okay salary (100k)
>Around half a mil in crypto in ETH/BTC
>50k ish on the stock market
>Travel often
>Good social life

Yet I'm not really happy.

I often think about wanting to have 5 mill to buy a home, break up with gf and just live a chill life with full freedom to do whatever I want.

I feel like that is never going to happen though, I'll be forced to have a family, buy a home with all my savings and settle down with insane opportunity cost loss that will forever tie me into an "okay but mediocre and average life" and it sucks.

You might think "poor guy he's complaining of a life that many would kill for" and I get you. Even knowing this fact and my position of privilege makes me feel worse.

How can I be contempt and learn to enjoy the many blessings life has already given me?

>> No.58443022

>I wish I had $5m so I could buy the generational top of real estate
there's a reason you don't have $5m

>> No.58443043

>>58443022
Just wanna get someplace to not have to worry about rent, doesn't have to be worth 5m or close

>> No.58443071

>>58443015
I lost everything I ever worked for and got diagnosed with 2 chronic illnesses over the last couple years. now i'm in my 30s and unemployed living with my mom like a total fucking loser. how do i get through each day and not kill myself? I don't know, maybe its a testament my own retardation or a testament to human willpower.

in your situation I think you just feel too comfortable with where you're at and the regularity of it all drives you kinda insane. I've been there when I had a wagecuck job. I can understand your frustration even though you sure as fuck wouldn't switch places with me.

Personally I don't want a normal life. I don't want to get married and have kids and live in the same city for the rest of my life. For many people that's enough for them. I think of it all as a ball and chain. I'm trying to get a job in the Ethereum industry because it's anything but normal. Crypto people are really some of the only people I feel comfortable around.

>> No.58443106

I thought at $500k I would feel satisfied but now I want $1 million to feel safe. It never goes away.

>> No.58443108

>>58443015
Honestly man, you will never be happy. No matter how much money, gf/wife or without, there will always be the "neighbors grass looks greener" phenomenon. Speaking from personal experience. Try to enjoy life as much as you can.

>> No.58443109

>>58443071
Thanks for sharing anon. Hope you'll get back on your feet soon.

>how do i get through each day and not kill myself?

What I think sometimes happens is that after you reach something similar to rock bottom you get this realization that nothing really matters, and with it you finally understand that true happiness is letting go (of things, fears, worries, etc.). You start to see life with a different set of eyes from now on.

I might just need to lose everything for me to have a wake up call and be free.

You can't take your wealth to the afterlife after all.

>> No.58443119

>>58443015
I understand you anon. I am in an even more privileged situation, having about $1.5 million nw. I am still working a job that is boring, love my wife. we decided not to have children so each of us can dedicate more time to hobbies pet projects, travelling, just enjoying life. You will not be much happier with 5 million but you will have more freedom. just live life, try new things, talk to your gf about it.

>> No.58443124

>>58443015
>5 mill to buy a home
A home doesn't cost $5m anon.
I got a comfy house in suburbia for $350k.

>> No.58443128

>>58443124
Of course it doesn't, I just meant 5m net worth to be able to buy a good enough place without it being the majority of the nw.

>> No.58443135

>>58443119
>>58443108
>>58443106

Yeah it seems like the feeling indeed never goes away. I've always wondered why billionaires even work at all?

They can do anything yet they have this pull to do something laborious. Maybe that's how they get a sense of being a useful contributor to society. I couldn't care less myself, but maybe that's exactly what's holding me back.

Seems like I should just continue carrying on and learn to appreciate the smaller things in life.

>> No.58443138

>>58443015
what country?
also i felt life was boring and felt unhappy until I got into lucid dreaming / astral projecting and that shit is funner that anything ive done in real life including extreme sports,drugs, etc

>> No.58443140

>>58443015
man needs to have a sense of power and authority over his surroundings. If you're just a wagie, even if rich, then you wont be ever fulfilled. You gotta build your small world in which you are king, money is secondary

>> No.58443141

>>58443135
look for something that satisfies you. a project, being part of a community. spend time hiking or doing sports in nature.

>> No.58443143

I'm gonna buy a 400k building in Southern Europe with my gains after this bullrun. Anybody wanna join?

>> No.58443155

>>58443015
>"okay but mediocre and average life"
you will come to your senses when she divorces and takes most of you shit and foots you the bill for alimony
have fun OP you got it all

>> No.58443160

>>58443140
This is put in a pretty narcissistic way, but it's 100% correct. You have to be king of a small world. It could be your workplace, or a football team, or a book club. You could even be king of deadbeats at a shitty bar.

>> No.58443194

>>58443141
Yeah I feel this is a good way to start feeling better.

>>58443140
>>58443160

I also get the whole "bossman CEO" thing, but I think I'm too chill of a person to lead anything. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and I'm underestimating myself here.

>> No.58443244 [DELETED] 

>>58443015
Am I banned?

>> No.58443247

>>58443015
> "poor guy he's complaining of a life that many would kill for"
What? You’re poor with some broad that doesn’t make you happy. Who the fuck dreams about that?

>> No.58443272

>>58443015
It's the woman. You let your close friendships become weird distant friendships that ask you the same questions as the ones you hear at work (how was your weekend, how's work, how's the wife, oh wow congrats on the home), didn't you?

And it was the woman who encouraged that. She was the one who complained when you spent time with them. One day out of the week to just hang with the guys was too much wasn't it? Now you get to see them maybe once or twice a month, and the whole time she's texting you asking when you'll be home, isn't she?

Do you FEEL IT anon? The source of your loneliness, your sense of self slipping away? IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT BOOBED LEECH THAT'S BEEN ATTACHED AT THE HIP FOR YEARS CAUSING IT, COULD IT ANON? COULD IT

>> No.58443286

>>58443015
I have 5 mil liquid and own a house. I would rather be poor and have an autist slampig GF desu

>> No.58443312

>>58443160
very much this!
>>58443194
you don't need to be bossman CEO, it is enough to have communities where you have a meaningful role to play.
I have a very niche/key position in my team so even though im not the number one in my field, I still feel like a big fish in a small pond and my coworkers value my opinion and often defer to my judgment and I get to help them with strategic decisions/solve problems, and I am pretty satisfied in my career.

During this bull market I plan on scaling down my waging to 4 days a week to have more time with my family and trying to revive my tennis skills, as an example

>> No.58443445

>>58443015
>ERRM WHAT THE SIGMA

>> No.58443718
File: 126 KB, 474x738, the syrian.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ctrl+f: Jesus
>0/0

Dudes.

>>58443140
>need more money and power to solve your problems
lolz
>>58443108
>i must look good compared to others across every metric
it's called pride, and it's the worst of sins.
>enjoy life as muc has you can
basically you're not happy and he's not happy but you should keep doing the same thing? lolz you guys are so basic. you're called to be so much more than that.
>>58443141
>keep jumping from hobby to hobby
kek you're just delaying the inevitable. read uncle teddy if you're an edgelord anon neet and don't want to read the Bible (which you should). these hobbies are just "surrogate activities" to keep your mind off of what truly matters. it will work.. for a bit.
>>58443160
surrogate activities and hedooonism (which op tried but seems willing to keep trying.. and i'm the crazy one lol)

this is the problem op: sin. it's us trying to create happiness in a world that promises many things will lead to happiness, but they don't. we weren't created to be happy by accumulating things and having sex with girls that are vaccinated against coronavirus19 and take birth control. we were created for way more than that.
Seek God and you will find him quickly. Even if you aren't sure who God is, and you actually want to learn, you will find Him. He's nearby.
i love you anon. and so does Jesus. we want you to be happy forever, including now. that's available to you, just not where you've been looking.

>> No.58443766

>>58443015
Nice Demoralization faggot.

>> No.58443773
File: 198 KB, 828x1363, IMG_1470.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58443015
Check your Vit D levels, it cost me $90 with zero insurance. Mine were so low they weren’t even on the charts. I started taking quality Vit D supplements and my mood + lifts at the gym improved DRASTICALLY.
I hope this helps an anon out there, vit D deficiency is the most common deficiency in America, I had no idea until 3 weeks ago.

>> No.58443775

>>58443015
> break up with gf
Start there. That poor girl is waiting to start a family and you're just dicking her around.
You'll probably save more living on your own anyway.
For your 5M "make it" number, just wait for bitcoin or ethereum prices to reach your magic number I guess.
But maybe you already understand that reaching a magic number won't fix your life.
Maybe you'd benefit from talking through this with a therapist? Sort through your shit, figure out what you want out of this run, and then just go for it.

>> No.58443779
File: 143 KB, 749x1280, IMG_0635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58443718
Based

>> No.58444101

>>58443015
do things you really want and like, everything you say sounds like something you don't really want to do
which I understand, I went through something similar myself and it wasn't until I moved to another city and started betting on memecoins from dextools that I felt better, just stop thinking too much about what suits you and do what you actually want

>> No.58445763

>>58443015
>How can I be contempt and learn to enjoy the many blessings life has already given me?
You can't.
You and me fren, we are born to suffer.

>I'll be forced to have a family
Yea, start a family, you'll be too busy to worry about these things any more :^)))

>>58443272
I feel OP, but I still would have an hero'd without my woman. Sometimes the woman saves you. (For herself...)

>> No.58447400

>>58443160
people really underestimate the power of the big fish in small pond. it really makes you feel important etc. before the internet if you were moderately good at video games and in a small city/town everyone who was into the hobby would know, on the internet you're just a random faggot. same applies to other areas

>> No.58447642

>>58443773
Will look into it. Thanks fren.