[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 227x222, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58408949 No.58408949 [Reply] [Original]

There are people who made it in Crypto upwards of 7 years ago

For example one guy I know made like $50 million in 2017 and $250 million in 2021, he is completely out of the market since 2021 and told me he has zero plans to ever buy / hold cryptocurrency ever again

He basically just buys property and he just plays with boomer stocks as a way to have some "fun" but he doesn't want anything to do with crypto anymore

His reasoning is

>at first it was like a big "fuck you" to the system, but then it just became part of the system, heavily entrenched into the system that it was supposed to be separated from, and thus lost its allure for him

Not trying to FUD here or anything because "LE PRICE IS DOWN" or anything, its just a reminder that people have already been in crypto and made their generational wealth and left and never returned

I kind of do envy him desu, oh and another thing he said to me is about one thing he doesn't miss about crypto is the fucked up sleeping times he had, always constantly staring at charts all the time, he doesn't want to go back to that ever again.

I'm personal confident that crypto will never go away, but I hope I can at least make something out of it eventually, I hope it doesn't just end up being a massive waste of my life.

>> No.58408956

Oh yeah, and he moved to Dubai back in 2017 when he made his first 50 million, so he never paid taxes on that, nor did he pay taxes on 250 million in 2021

He just has fuck you generational wealth from this shit, tax free.

He made it unironically.

>> No.58408971

>>58408949
>other people made it
>so can you
whats the brutal part

>> No.58408983

>>58408971
Because I dont believe in crypto like I did back in 2015, and I haven't made enough to fully escape it yet, and im very envious of people who have, just like the guy I know who already made it and left.

I share similar thoughts as he does.

>> No.58409002

>>58408971
>whats the brutal part
That people on /biz/ were probably his exit liquidity kek.

>> No.58409005 [DELETED] 

>>58408949
>>58408949
Hi friend, some thoughts on this:

1. Yes, he made it early and got in and saw the vision etc. There is always an opportunity like this, you simply need to be in tune with the state of the world.

2. Entrenchement of BTC with tradfi also results in it's PA changing, something which we don't like, many years ago, it was the equivalent PA of a shitcoin. And look at stuff now! Now you have thousands of BTCs going around - in one form or another.

3. If you're interested and something - it isn't a massive waste of your time. Just don't reduce it to something, keep gaining new insights, developing. Consider it a sport. Would anyone win a sport by chasing after the award? Play gracefully.

4. For there is no such thing as making it. If you like this you'll be doing it 24/7. Some time ago the image was cruising around that some guy was farming some fucking airdrop, I can't remember for what. It was also known that this dude already had millions, but he was running massive farming operations and earning shitloads of points. He had well enough money to retire. Do you think it's JUST about the money for him? It's about the game. This is a game we play fundamentally with our lives, because it attracts us for some reason.

Always positive, heads up, cheers

>> No.58409066

>>58408983
>, and im very envious of people who have,
and that is why you are NGMI

>> No.58410425
File: 865 KB, 112x112, 1685984894621.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58408971
the problem is that they idealize a life of luxury and make it their life goal, for me it's a victory if I can sacrifice my memecoins that I have in dextools on a console, a sofa or even a tv
having a comfortable life is the real "I make it"