[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 129 KB, 610x590, 1701206423967.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58198837 No.58198837 [Reply] [Original]

are people here with 6 figure portfolios really all in on random cryptocurrencies? if not, how much do you allocate to "real" investments like index funds?

>> No.58198844

>>58198837
80% goes into 401k / traditional investments. Maybe less than 20% goes into BTC / solana. Then I have a few grand I use to play with shitcoins.

>> No.58198867

>>58198844
i want to do something similar. whats in your traditional portfolio? i think i want a simple accumulating world etf with a 20% small cap value tilt, and just save as much as possible before i hit 30.

>> No.58198870

>>58198837
I don't care about normie investments when there is crypto, just holding 60% cash in the bank to buy more within 72 hours after it dumps.

>> No.58198894

>>58198870
i understand not wanting to miss out on crypto, but its basically just gambling

>> No.58198926

>>58198870
i'm jealous that your fiat bank allows you to deposit that fast
i missed my chance to enter at the bottom twice because the bank cucked me during weekends so i always hold usdt at once

>> No.58198935

>>58198894
It's not "just gambling" if you're not retarded. Anyone could have told you that eth was a guaranteed thing years ago, even before the 2021 bullrun. The reason crypto is so much better is because you can have the money in your bank frozen and your stock investments also can be seized, but not crypto. Get with the times grandpa. The future is now old man.

>> No.58198938

>>58198837
FED/IRS DATA MINING THREAD
>FED/IRS DATA MINING THREAD
FED/IRS DATA MINING THREAD
>FED/IRS DATA MINING THREAD

>> No.58198946

>>58198935
>Anyone could have told you that eth was a guaranteed thing years ago
if that were true, it would have been bought up until the price reflected that fact.
>The reason crypto is so much better is because you can have the money in your bank frozen and your stock investments also can be seized, but not crypto
a big plus if youre a criminal for sure, but thats already priced in no matter if its positive or negative

>> No.58198951

>>58198938
god forbid you talk about investing on the investing board

>> No.58198957

Barely into 6 figs.
I don't have enough wealth for parking it in stonks and (maybe) getting 8% a year.
That will snowball into shit of fuck.
Once/if I get a substantial amount from crpyto then I'll put it in traditional things.

>> No.58198970

>>58198946
This is the dumbest shit I've read all day. The market isn't a perfectly efficient machine. The markets are irrational and there isn't perfect information. You're a fucking retard I'm sorry. Everybody knew since 2017 that ETH was here to stay and that it was guaranteed money. Free money even.

>> No.58198988

>>58198957
sounds risky but fair enough
>>58198970
>The market isn't a perfectly efficient machine
i believe it approximates one in the long term. i dont think i know better than the market either way, stock pickers and market timers consistently underperform
>Everybody knew since 2017 that ETH was here to stay and that it was guaranteed money. Free money even.
so youve been in it with everything you have and as much leverage as you can get your hands on, right?

>> No.58198999

>>58198946
>if that were true, it would have been bought up until the price reflected that fact.
It is true. The only reason it wasn't is because of the sentiment:
>its basically just gambling

Stick around anon, you can think for yourself which will take you far, help you escape the aforementioned normie mindset.

>> No.58199007

>>58198988
Not because you would probably get liquidated if you're trying to open a long/short for a long time. I'm saying that the 4 year cycles have been pretty obvious for a lot of people for a long time.

>> No.58199012

>>58198999
>It is true
how do you know? that the price went up in the end doesnt mean it was predictable before it happened with the available information.
>you can think for yourself which will take you far
then why is it that people who think theyre smarter than the rest of the market lose out compared to passive investors on average?

>> No.58199013

>>58198988
If you're not a fed, which is hard to say right now. You're young and can afford to get rekt and start over. You should be all in crypto minus a safety cushion. Anyone who hasn't made it should be.

>> No.58199020

>>58199007
>the 4 year cycles have been pretty obvious for a lot of people for a long time.
if theyre certain then why doesnt everyone frontrun them until there is no relationship anymore?

>> No.58199027

>>58199012
I know in the same way that I can make assumptions about the future on any certain event. I can tell you with certainty my uncle will smoke a ciggie tomorrow. I have a lot of information to support this. But it is a future event, maybe he dies overnight or magically quits? Sure something might change my prediction but, I am still confident. Same with ETH, assessing all available information you are able to make predictions about the future with sometimes incredible accuracy.
The second part:
Because they're unironically not as smart as me or half of /biz/. either you're healthily skeptical or a headset moron. In which case stick with etfs.

>> No.58199029

>>58199020
Like what is happening now?

>> No.58199038

>>58199020
Sometimes, I ask myself that exact same question. It's literally free money every four years.

When bitcoin pumps everything pumps. Do you accept this? Now go look at the chart for bitcoin from 2011 all the way until 2024. EVERY FOUR YEARS this happens. It happened in 2013, then 2017, then 2021, and now it's 2025. You ain't seen nothin' yet gramps. I would love to see what you will say in early 2025.

>> No.58199060

>>58199013
>You're young and can afford to get rekt and start over.
this is true, mathematically its optimal to have high risk/reward early in life for temporal diversification. but you dont necessarily need crypto to achieve that
>>58199027
>Same with ETH, assessing all available information you are able to make predictions about the future with sometimes incredible accuracy.
youre leaving out that your prediction needs to be BETTER than the market's.
>>58199029
maybe? its impossible to isolate from other things that might be driving the price
>>58199038
>When bitcoin pumps everything pumps. Do you accept this?
i think so, havent looked at any numbers
>EVERY FOUR YEARS this happens.
every 4 years so far, and the peaks and valleys keep getting shallower
>I would love to see what you will say in early 2025.
maybe it works, maybe not

>> No.58199096

>>58199060
>every 4 years so far, and the peaks and valleys keep getting shallower
Keep making excuses not to make free money. Doesn't affect me at all.

>> No.58199100

>>58198935
Yes, "poopinu" and "dogwifhat" are surely absolutely phenomenal additions to our economic system.

>> No.58199099

>>58199096
i hold crypto.

>> No.58199103

>>58198837
I put 600$ per month in an index funds for retirement, just in case all my other investments go to zero.

>> No.58199109

>>58199060
>BETTER than the market's
Anon, that's from stocks and is referring to like fucking 5%, dw about me, I've got that covered. In crypto you want to be gaining sats.
You seem autistic enough to make it tho, good luck.

>> No.58199122

>>58199099
No you don't. You already admitted that you wanted to do something similar to the 80%/20% anon which means that you simply put in a small amount because you're afraid. I can tell you're afraid because of the mental gymnastics you're going through to dismiss this amazing opportunity to make a fuckton of money. It's kinda cringe to say it, but you need to have a philosophical open mind about this. What IS money anyway? Why is it valuable? Isn't it strange that our coins no longer have precious metals inside them? Those metals that necessitate the expenditure of energy to acquire? You want more silver? More gold? Then you need to invest time and money and most importantly ENERGY to obtain it and refine it and finally stamp it into a bar or coin. I hope this doesn't make you rolls your eyes. I'm really being honest with you.

>> No.58199124

>>58199109
>Anon, that's from stocks and is referring to like fucking 5%
what do you mean by this?

>> No.58199146

>>58199122
>You already admitted that you wanted to do something similar to the 80%/20%
>ADMITTED
what?
by the way, index funds also hold companies who fuck around with crypto in accordance with their market caps.
>because you're afraid
im fine with risk if its one youre rewarded for in the average case. you cant know if thats true for crypto because there is nothing like the capital asset pricing model for it. honestly i mostly hold any crypto because of FOMO
>It's kinda cringe to say it, but you need to have a philosophical open mind about this. What IS money anyway? Why is it valuable? Isn't it strange that our coins no longer have precious metals inside them? Those metals that necessitate the expenditure of energy to acquire? You want more silver? More gold? Then you need to invest time and money and most importantly ENERGY to obtain it and refine it and finally stamp it into a bar or coin. I hope this doesn't make you rolls your eyes. I'm really being honest with you.
im not sure what youre trying to say. i dont advocate for holding cash, i think its very dumb.

>> No.58199150

>>58199124
Beating the market is beating the S&P500 yearly return which probably is higher than 5% but idk. People who fail to beat it gets returns less than that x%. Crypto can be looked in the same with market cap or something but that would be dumb, you just want to be increasing SATs or you may as well have bought BTC. Like you want to beat the market or you may as well have bought some market wide etf or what ever it is. Idk stocks for shit tho.

>> No.58199181

>>58198870
>60% cash in the bank
You don't have six figures if you keep that much in a checking account. I have six figures and I never keep more than $5k in the checking account. It's only for paying bills.

Money market account is where I keep my standby cash.

>> No.58199192

>>58199150
>Beating the market is beating the S&P500 yearly return
to me it would mean beating an international index
>which probably is higher than 5%
around 10% over the last century
>Crypto can be looked in the same with market cap or something but that would be dumb
why?
>you just want to be increasing SATs or you may as well have bought BTC
why is bitcoin special, aside from being the first to get popular? you should measure your holdings against what you can buy with them (inflation adjusted PPP dollars), not an arbitrary crypto or nominal dollars
>Like you want to beat the market or you may as well have bought some market wide etf or what ever it is.
beating the market takes a lot of effort and most who try to do it fail, including professional fund managers. so i plan on just buying and holding index funds each paycheck with zero brain power except picking one with low fees and a small factor investing tilt. if i feel like making active decisions, ill only do it with a small portion to get it out of my system.

>> No.58199193

>>58198946
>a big plus if youre a criminal
The trucker protestors in Canada were the biggest criminals, right? Church in Arizona having it's bank account frozen because the pastor preaches against the jews, why of coarse the church deserved that, right?

>> No.58199203

>>58199146
I was referring to your post here >>58198844
Look man you admitted that you haven't looked at any numbers >>58199060 and then you say stupid shit like
>there is nothing like the capital asset pricing model for it
which is just straight up false. This tells me that you don't even care enough to do a quick search online to see that not only are there cryptocurrency-CAPM model out there, but there are other people that claim their models outperform it. You don't even care enough to verify the assertion that when btc goes up altcoins have always followed right behind. What do you think cryptocurrencies are anyway? Without doing any searching online answer this for me: what is cryptocurrency and what can you do with it? Answer honestly.

>> No.58199222

>>58199192
>around 10% over the last century
>why?
Because 10% returns is fucking pathetic. Hence why we are in crypto.
You're pretty retarded anon.

>> No.58199235

I don’t have any crypto (not counting the comfy airdrop). 500k in a normal trading account mostly in an index fund and apple. 260k in a 401k all in an index fund. 130k in a roth all in an index fund. I no longer buy individual stocks like apple (other than reinvesting the dividend).

>> No.58199251

>>58199193
how does crypto help you with this, exactly?
>>58199203
>Look man you admitted that you haven't looked at any numbers
i know that different cryptocurrencies tend to correlate with each other, i literally agreed with you?
>only are there cryptocurrency-CAPM model out there, but there are other people that claim their models outperform it
what are the risk factors here
>only are there cryptocurrency-CAPM model out there, but there are other people that claim their models outperform it
what are the main risk factors then?
>What do you think cryptocurrencies are anyway?
>what is cryptocurrency and what can you do with it?
a way to implement a currency. smart contracts let you do other computations trustlessly too. basically, a number you can transfer between accounts without an institution having to vouch for it being legitimate. like anything else, the value comes from supply and demand.
>>58199222
10% compounded over 40 years is a 45x

>> No.58199258
File: 5 KB, 240x240, 1683383152094.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58199251
oops, fucked up the post

>> No.58199274

>>58199251
>40 years is a 45x
Bitcoin gave the same return in the last 7 years

>> No.58199283

>>58199192
>>Crypto can be looked in the same with market cap or something but that would be dumb
>why?
Because it's not the best metric. It's a real metric and you CAN use it, but it's often manipulated and criticized for the fact that the most recent sale of the asset is used to value the entire float. I think I read once that a man started a company that didn't do anything and sold shares to a friend and because that was the last buy price then it made every share worth the price his friend paid for it. Technically his company was valued at millions of dollars because of ONE sale and he tried to get a loan or something but then he was told that it was fraud.
>why is bitcoin special
It's special because it's the equivalent of the s&p 500 in crypto. I think that's what that other anon is trying to say. When you invest your money in a bunch of different companies you might want to evaluate their performance at the end of the year right? So you do that, and then you realize that if you had bought the s&p you would have more money. The s&p is the obvious and boring thing but you smack yourself on the forehead when you realize that you should have just bought the obvious. Most hedge fund managers do not outperform the s&p. You might think btc is slow and doesn't move much, but if you evaluate your portfolio in btc in the beginning of the year as X amount of bitcoins, and then you end the year with a number less than X, then you lost bitcoins. You may have made money but the obvious answer was staring at you in the face the entire time, and then you smack yourself on the forehead. Some altcoins do outperform bitcoin (especially at the end of these cycles, which is why you should enter right fucking now) but you would be surprised to find that even those that you thought were doing good are actually performing worse than btc.

>> No.58199330

> six figure hell
NGMI. Im so sorry

>> No.58199342

>>58199274
congrats.
>>58199283
>It's special because it's the equivalent of the s&p 500 in crypto
the equivalent would be a cap weighted index of large cap cryptocurrencies. this just doesnt make sense to me at all.

>> No.58199507

>>58199342
Ok that's a fair point. Maybe you would be better off using the top 10 or 25 cryptocurrencies by marketcap. That honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea. The problem is that btc is one of the few that is truly free and cannot be censored. This has to do with your question
>how does crypto help you with this, exactly?
and I'm going to try to talk about this in my next post. For now, lets talk about the fact that you probably want to use btc solely instead of the top 10 or 25. I don't want to go through all the top 25 but let's go over a few of them. Ignoring stablecoins, what's in the top ten? Btc is #1 great. Ethereum is #2 and I actually might change my mind and use a weighted "crypto s&p 500" consisting of btc and eth. Not a bad suggestion, I honestly mean that. BUT since Ethereum changed to proof of stake the validators have begun to censor certain smart contracts (tornado cash) and who's to say they will stop there? Certain so-called "decentralized" dapps like AAVE have already begun to keep a list of blacklisted wallets (thank you north korea) and it will probably get worse in the future. Ethereum is the best thing aside from btc and it has an uncertain future. What else is in the top? Binance coin? HELL NO. They can literally freeze your funds anytime they want and have done it in the past and will probably do it again. What's next? Solana? HA fuck no. This shit literally desyncs every so often and the chain just stops working. This happens like once a year (maybe there was a year or two where it didn't happen, but on average it's like once a year) and you don't want a coin that you may not be able to move when you need to. What's next? Ripple? HAHAHA FUCK NO that shit is ridiculously centralized and the company has 45 billion ripple under lock and they can release them whenever they want (they probably won't and they will probably stick to their release schedule or they will lose the trust of their users, but still). What's next? Dogecoin?

>> No.58199520

>>58199342
>congrats
It sounds like you're salty as fuck that these guys did in SEVEN years what you will do in FORTY. He's trying to tell you that you're fucking dumb for doubting this shit and you should stop being a scared fag and invest a decent amount of money. Scared money don't make money.

>> No.58199544

>>58199507
all cryptocurrencies can effectively blacklist wallets if the majority of validators agree to do it, right?
>>58199520
so it will just keep exploding like that forever because it did over the past few years? this is called performance chasing

>> No.58199557

>>58199544
>so it will just keep exploding like that forever
And you'll just get 10% forever too eh? I knew you'd reply with that. Shit troll.

>> No.58199578

>>58198837
>6 figures
this isn't 2020
most anons are in the 7 figures or 8 figures range by now
i have a house so that makes me about 3% allocated to "real" investments i guess (yes, real estate will totally go up forever don't worry anon)

>> No.58199590

>>58198837
index what?
sorry boomer no one cares not buying your bags

>> No.58199595

>>58199557
youre comparing a time frame thats about 200 times shorter. if bitcoin keeps going at the rate youre quoting, it should give about a 200 billion % return in 40 years.

>> No.58199603

>>58199578
I use my savings since Jan to get some AGRS, and have just 6 figs.
Is my ft with cryptos and its going well.

>> No.58199604
File: 35 KB, 298x450, 1640053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58199603
You´re a poor ngga

>> No.58199605

>>58199603
Sell that sht anon, get something better

>> No.58199612

>>58199507
Ok so what's next? Dogecoin? A fucking meme coin? Yeah I wouldn't use that in my weighted portfolio. Ironically Doge doesn't have any of the cons I listed. I don't think it can be frozen and the validators aren't colluding to ignore transactions. It was also fairly distributed and it's proof of work so it requires energy to create (this is going to lead to my next points about energy but I'm not done yet). What's next? There's plenty more cryptocurrencies to talk about, but almost all of them are incredibly centralized and the centralization gives them control they should not have. We can keep climbing down the ladder but once you go down far enough the marketcap is so small that it doesn't deserve to be in your weighted index of cryptos. The only things I might have respect for is MakerDAO and Monero but that's a story for another day. So that's why BTC is the only thing you can include in your index of cryptos.

I'm going to finish this train of thought by reminding you that cryptocurrencies come and go all the time. Projects fail for one reason or another because it's centralized or sometimes the game theory wasn't well thought out or whatever. BTC has the longest track record and it's the one that is the least likely to disappear. It also has the most hashpower so it's the most difficult to attack (it's very expensive, you need billions of dollars to even begin to attack it). BTC is also censorship resistant which is the reason hackers demand payment in btc (and lets not forget monero).

A weighted index of large cap cryptos makes sense, but it doesn't make sense right now because you really don't have many respectable choices.

>> No.58199613

>>58199605
Tau is good already. I dont think thats a waist of time

>> No.58199637

>>58198837
I have a house worth $250k and no mortgage on it. I don't have any money in anything other than that and crypto, and am now looking for a tax haven to live in. Fuck all these 401k and pension plan scams, you are being taxed to slavery.

>> No.58199646

>>58199612
these risks are what you accept for a better expected return. if something is safe, you will earn no premium for holding it.

>> No.58199679

>>58199544
No not all cryptocurrencies. That's what I'm trying to tell you. BTC doesn't have that option. Nobody can stop btc from being sent from one wallet to another. Why do you think hackers demand payment in BTC? The funds are clearly visible and it's clearly stolen money but once the hackers present the transaction to the bitcoin miners, the miners will GLADLY execute the transaction because they get paid to do it. They don't discriminate. They execute the transactions that pay them the most first though.

You asking me this is a manifestation of an elementary understanding of blockchains. Also keep in mind that this isn't a conclusion based on faith, this is open source software we're talking about here. We can verify exactly what is happening because the code is visible to everyone and we can compile it ourselves and we can run it ourselves. It eliminates the trust that is needed to make this kind of network. This is part of what makes cryptocurrencies far more than just "a way to implement a currency". Now I'm going to try to address your simplistic opinion of what a cryptocurrency is in your post >>58199251

>> No.58199691

>>58199646
BITCOIN IS SAFE is what I'm telling you. Bitcoin is safe as fuck compared to all these other coins. WTF are you even saying? You already saw that btc outperformed your shitty investment idea that takes FORTY years and did it in SEVEN. You want to create an index with whatever dogshit is in the top 10? Fine do it I don't care. I'm just telling you why most people use BTC and BTC only.

>> No.58199742

>>58199679
>Nobody can stop btc from being sent from one wallet to another
google 51% attack
>Why do you think hackers demand payment in BTC
idk, why would they not want monero?
>The funds are clearly visible and it's clearly stolen money but once the hackers present the transaction to the bitcoin miners, the miners will GLADLY execute the transaction because they get paid to do it
true, but if for some reason it isnt in their interest even in the face of a block reward, they can decide to just say no.
>>58199691
>BITCOIN IS SAFE is what I'm telling you.
safe investments have lower risk premiums. thats just a fact

>> No.58199756

>>58199251
I already told you a quick google search would answer that but you don't seem to want to do that for some reason. Here this is short 6 page paper but you don't even have to read it all just read the first three paragraphs on page 1 and it will list a bunch of risk factors:
https://centaur.reading.ac.uk/85321/3/A%20Three-factor%20Pricing%20Model%20for%20Cryptocurrency_R1.pdf

>how does crypto help you with this, exactly?
This is why I asked you to tell me what you think of cryptocurrencies. You're right that it's a way to implement a currency, but it's actually so much more. You're right that smart contracts are also a legitimate application, but to say that its value comes from supply and demand is retarded since that literally applies to everything, so you're not saying much when you say that. I honestly think you don't understand the philosophy behind crypto and I'm going to try to explain it now and most people will just roll their eyes and say "ok sure" but it is really deep and there are so many levels to it that I will not be able to explain it all.

First off, this anon right here >>58199193 is saying that your point that it's a "big plus if you're a criminal" is dumb because that's a low IQ opinion and the vast majority of people think like this, you need to open your fucking mind. The reality is that crimes are defined by whatever government you live under, and sometimes their definition of crime is fucked up. That anon was talking about two examples that highlight the need for a censorship resistant form of money. It's easy to establish a need in corrupt and developing countries, but it's not easy to establish a need in first world countries. He gave two examples (that are fairly recent) where people in a first world country were blocked from using money because of bullshit reasons. The bank can freeze your money anytime if the government tells it to, which is exactly what happened in his examples.

>> No.58199783

>>58199756
my point is if the government wants your assets, that includes crypto. and if you hide it, youre a criminal and they will make an example of you

>> No.58199802

>>58199742
YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD. Google 51% attack? Really? You're a dumb stupid ass bitch and I honestly was trying to help you. Do you have ANY IDEA how expensive it is to execute the 51% attack? Yeah fucktard it costs BILLIONS OF DOLLARS but you don't know that because you're probably under 100 IQ now that I think about it, you're so fucking stupid. NOBODY can stop btc from being sent from one wallet to another because you would lose money. I'm done trying to help you for real. I was seriously trying to articulate these ideas eloquently but I feel so fucking insulted by your comment to "google 51% attack". Look man I want to talk to you over discord I'm serious. What's the worst that's gonna happen? I'm gonna pop out of your monitor and bitch slap you? Tell me if you want to talk because if not I understand but this is really something I am passionate about.

>> No.58199811

>>58199802
I am dead serious I literally NEVER want to talk to anyone on this shithole of a website but you seem like maybe you're genuinely interested in learning but you have so many wrong ideas that's it's hard to know where to start. Talk to me over discord what's the worst that can happen

>> No.58199865

>>58199802
>Do you have ANY IDEA how expensive it is to execute the 51% attack?
im not talking about a single entity taking over, i meant if a majority bands together, potentially under pressure from governments, to blacklist some entity. like you were saying about other currencies.
>NOBODY can stop btc from being sent from one wallet to another because you would lose money
you lose more if the feds seize your shit because you validated isis transactions after being instructed to blacklist certain wallets, for example

>> No.58199916

>>58199865
I don't know what country you're from, but there is not a single government powerful enough to police the entire world. Even in China where the government tries to control everything there are people still using decentralized networks like Tor to send out messages about things that happen in China. You really do not understand cryptocurrencies if you think that "the feds" can seize your shit because you validated isis transactions. You're probably from America since you mentioned isis. Your argument is actually valid for a proof of stake network (like eth) but it doesn't apply to proof of work (btc).

>> No.58199922

>>58199865
Alright so I take it you don't want to talk on Discord?

>> No.58199932

>>58199916
>Your argument is actually valid for a proof of stake network (like eth) but it doesn't apply to proof of work (btc).
why? you just need to bully 51% of the hashrate onto submission instead of 51% of holdings. its the same concept?

>> No.58199989

>>58198894
call me a professional gambler

>> No.58200140

>>58198837
Yes
>how much do you allocate
In the bear market, 100%
In the bull, zero
If I get shit on I still wage and retire on the normal course of sometime when I'm old and gray. If I don't I can be free. Easy decision
The only reason I even have a six figs!!! portfolio is from doing this rotation
Higher beta portfolios just do better over a lifetime. Been studied pretty well

>> No.58200198

>>58199932
The reason intimidation works for proof of stake is because you can get your stake "slashed" which would happen in order to disincentivize people from including illegal transactions. You can't slash someone's computing power in proof of work. Also this was already tried before by a mining company called Marathon and they fucking failed miserably. Not only was it impossible to filter all the illegal transactions (they let one or two accidentally in) but the idea is that you can censor one miner but you can't censor them all. Users of the btc network immediately saw this censorship (because it's a transparent blockchain) and Marathon lost credibility in the eyes of its users. People stop contributing their computing power to their pool and then they just go join a different pool.

>> No.58200202

>>58200198
There's so much more to talk about like how in proof of stake, you never have to give up the control that you have. So for example if you own 1% of eth and you're staking it, then you will never own less because even though there is inflation from block rewards, you're getting 1% of all the newly minted ETH, so you will always own 1% and nothing can take that away AND you don't need to do anything (you don't need to spend more money or use more electricity or use more computing power). On the other hand proof of work will force you to work for the privilege of verifying transactions since the halving will cut all your profits in half every 4 years. It's survival of the fittest and the weak die and the strong survive. It's not a good idea to have an authority position be lifetime guaranteed. You want to cycle through people periodically because of corruption (supreme court judges anyone?)

Alright I was actually typing a huge paragraph when I realized that I'm done helping you learn about this shit. The reason I wanted to talk with my voice is because it's really difficult having to type all this out because there's a lot of things that need to be said, but you're a scared little bitch that just ignores my request. I'm sorry you're fucking stupid and can't see the amazing opportunity staring you right in the face. Goodbye.

https://medium.com/@factchecker9000/nothing-is-worse-than-proof-of-stake-e70b12b988ca

>> No.58200344

>>58199932
Oh shit I forgot one last thing. You said
>you just need to bully 51% of the hashrate onto submission instead of 51% of holdings. its the same concept?
I think you believe that if the government was able to "bully" 51% of the hashpower into censoring blocks then that would mean that 100% of the blocks would be censored, and that's not true. Let's assume that you have a method that fully censors 100% of all illegal transactions and never fails. Also assume that the government talks to the top 3 mining pools (on BTC) and orders them to censor illegal transactions. Right now, the top 3 mining pools have a combined hashpower of 62%. Ok so now what? Well now 60% of the time blocks will be censored, but every now and then the fourth largest pool would get chosen and they would just include whatever transactions are the most profitable. So the fourth largest pool would make a block every 10 blocks that are not censored. And if the government talks to them then it becomes 70% but that just means that 3 out of 10 blocks would be uncensored. This is also happening with ETH because even though interacting with certain smart contracts is illegal, some of the validators do not give a fuck about what America says and eventually those illegal transactions get pushed through. It's just that it's a lot easier to establish permanent validators (and corrupt them) on proof of work. You clearly don't know anything about cryptocurrencies.

Ok now I'm done. Good luck going through life having a room temperature IQ. I almost feel sorry for you.

>> No.58200354

>>58198837
Yes.

>> No.58200393

>>58198837
low 6 figures hell here

My money comes all from fundamental alts, no shitcoins, little in buttcoin

I’m 12x up

>> No.58200486

>>58200344
>Well now 60% of the time blocks will be censored, but every now and then the fourth largest pool would get chosen and they would just include whatever transactions are the most profitable
the compromised majority could just pretend that this didnt happen and keep doing their own thing. it would probably lead to a bunch of forks.

>> No.58200614

>>58198935
your shitcoins are useless without being taxed

>> No.58201058

>>58198837
Not random, mostly bitcoin, 80% of my crypto.
Bitcoin outperforms index funds yard i am 2/3rds in crypto now, 1.7m to 1.1m in 401k+stocks which is split 900k in 401 and 200k in stocks...

>> No.58201070

>>58198837
Nothing. Kek
Makeit or die trying.

>> No.58201074
File: 6 KB, 300x168, frog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58198837
7 figures in crypto
5 figures in bank to live on
0 figures in traditional investments

>> No.58201081

>>58198837
5% of my nw is in traditional stocks and rest in crypto. Both portfolios were started with same amount of capital, stock portfolio even 2 years earlier..